my official frag tank build thread

reefkprz

I keep running into delays, the guy has not came through with the rubber for the decking which has thrown the whole project into stasis, if I dont have the rubber by this weekend I will switch tactics and go get marine epoxy paint for waterproofing.

reefkprz

I know your probably all ticked off at me for not updating this thread. well its because of material delays, i was going to go another route than the rubber matting for the decks but I really wanted it. so i waited and found another source I am getting the rubber this afternoon.

I'm getting it from Kinnerson, a member here. he has a couple pieces and I am going to trade him a frag or two for it. (heck I still owe him for the MH light bulbs, and he's good enough to let me snag the rubber still). progress should begin in the next day or two.

chris17

I was starting to wonder what had happend to you lol It's looking good! Hopefully the ball is rolling again and everything else falls into place for you. Good luck!

reefkprz

unfortunatly I have had to make some serious concessions to the wallet, I cant afford the hardwood to make the stand look the way I wanted to, (finished in oak or cherry) SOooooo I am going to go function over form and make it run, hopefully 2/3 of the system will be plumbed and circulating today.
I'm mixing water as I type this and waiting for it to come up to temperature. well i have to go cut some lumber right now and get the rest of the system up and running. I also have to move the outlets where as I put in the 3rd tier the outlets are too low for easy acess.
I will defiantly have more pictures by tonight

chris17

I can't remember if you already said, but what are you going to use the storage containers for? Are those going to be your frag tanks?

reefkprz

here is the spray bar and home modified OFB for skim retun to the 29 sump, oh, yeah! ghetto but it works upper frag tank is now circulating, the glue needs to dry on the spray bar before I put it into use

wattsupdoc

Gotta luv that OF box!
Improvised, but not compromised!
Just wondering, do the pvc pipes just hold the tub in place? Or do they have some other purpose I'm not seeing?

reefkprz

installed the lights on the lower two tiers today. four foot for the top tier and 32 inch for the lower tier. all VHO powered by a 660 icecap ballast.