My Ritteri split

broncofish

You read it right, my Ritteri split(I'm stoked) I moved my tank back to my house(it was housed temporarily with me somewhere else while the wife and I were seperated) the stress of the move must have forced the Ritteri into splittling. My temp dropped to the 72-74 range, I slowly brought the temp back up to 79 over night. It got really hot in our house when my wife was away, so she called to tell me that the tank had gone up to the 82-84 range, after running the swamp cooler for about two hours it dropped back down to 79-80. I checked on the tank at lunch and everything was cool. By the time I got home the Ritteri had crawled down from it's perch, squeezed between a rock, and then before you know it it was splitting. I immediately drove to work grabbed the digital camera, and took a gazillion pics. I can't put them on my home computer because it does not have a PMCIA slot, but I will post everything in the morning from work...I"M STOKED both anemones look awesome. I reaaranged the rocks so they are even and about six inches apart, diverted the powerheads to point up, and un-plugged one from the wavemaker. I will try feeding them in about 5 days. Here is a pic from a couple of weeks ago, it doubled in size since this.

broncofish

For everyone who does not know...Ritteris hardly ever split in aquariums. Hence my super stokedness.....Hey have I mentioned that I'm stoked......but this is nothing compared to how stoked I'll be when they are bothe healed up and out of the woods...Then I will be like SUPER STOKED, the master of Stokedness, Dr. Stoked, el stokedarino

broncofish

It was about about 7-8" in diameter, and now one is about 2-3" and the other one must be about 4-5", hard to tel the both settled in quickly. I think I got some good picks, none while is was splitting, but right after, and hopefully some good ones of the wound.

broncofish

Originally posted by Katara
Congratulations on the split AND the reconciliation.

Thanks.
Ok here goes, I am going to post pictures unfortunately I could not get any right in the middle of the split, but I got them right after. I will start with whole tank shot right after.

ozadars

Dont ritteries (h. magnifica) get extreamly big? and arent they extreamly posinious to corals when they touch? But anyway congr.

broncofish

Yes Ritteri get about 1 and a half feet in diameter in captivity. I have a 90g waiting for these two. They will be the only things in it. Along with a clean up crew, some black and white percs, and maybe some xenia, and polyps. All Anemones can sting corals, I would not say poisinois though.

overanalyzer

Sweet shots!! I am very excited for you!! I also like your rock work - but you need to get steadier shots - quit shooting up before you take pictures!!

overanalyzer

By the way - I am stoked too - because I am thinking one of those guys will look great in my 75 or potential 120 ....

ozadars

Bronco,
Ritteris are actually my favourite but, if you are planning an anemone tank, which would be awsome, what about putting loads of sexy shrimp, glass anemone shrimps and anemone crabs??? They will look GORGEOUS in your ritteries with clown pairs. Also you can use them as clean up crews and you can also have the hermits which has own anemones on its shells and pom pom crabs, dont you guys think so?

broncofish

Ozadars you and I are seeing eye to eye on this, those were the exact speciaes I meant by clean-up crew. Ritteri's have long been my passion, but after I lost my first to a heater accident(completely my fault I was cleaning its guard) I swore I would not get another one...well I ended up with one in a weird swap, and well now I have two.