My shark/ray reef tank

mike22cha

Yeah it definetly sounds realy beneficial, energy saving, money saving, etc. BUT you have to have the money to get it first.

mkzimms

i recently saw one at a local long island reef association meeting. the lights seem much more "clear" than any other type of light. gave all the corals very vivid colors. definitely cool.

cdubbs

I had to give it back to the store that I got him from cause I moved to an apartment and I got a smaller tank.

kanicky

Soooo jealous of you here!

I think you have every fish I want in there! Especially with the Mimic Tang. I finally saw one in person the other week at my LFS and I wanted to badly to buy it.
Congrats on one great tank!

mike22cha

Originally Posted by luvmybizz
I heard somewhere that rays were hard to take care of or something...don't quote me on this but is it true?
Not any harder than sharks. Sharks/rays aren't hard to take care of, just require a perfect setup and dedication, IMO.

triggered

Rolling, do you mind if I ask what your lighting cost was? We need some new lights. I did some research on the lights you got, however, could not find cost on them.
Peace..................C

rylan1

Beautiful tank!... You mention your set-up.... What are you running underneath the tank (Equipment)? What are your water changes like?

rylan1

Originally Posted by Triggered
Rolling, do you mind if I ask what your lighting cost was? We need some new lights. I did some research on the lights you got, however, could not find cost on them.
Peace..................C
$3K ... is pricey I looked them up ..benefits are no heat so no chiller. They last 50,000hrs or 5+years, and save 40% energy costs. So they may be a little more expensive if you weigh everything out, however the things they can do are cool as mentioned above with the light cycles. There is no need for a timer or anything.

triggered

Whoa!!!
I definitely don't have that kind of moola on hand. I agree, in the long run they are probably tops, but.............holy cow. Thanx for the info Rylan.
Peace..................C