My Tank Was 85.5 Today..think Ill Get A Chiller.anyone Know Of An Inexpensive One

philgmiami

IM GONNA HAVE TO BUY A CHILLER FOR MY 180G STARTING OF MY REEF TANK :thinking: .. I HAVE A 400W XM 15K MH AND 4-VHO ACTINICS
WHATS A GOOD BRAND THATS INEXPENSIVE?

merredeth

There is no such thing as an inexpensive chiller.
However, I have frozen 2 liter bottles and .5 liter bottles with RO water in them and pop them in the tank to help control the temperature when I refuse to turn on the air conditioning.
They really do work well and slowly cool the tank down.
By using RO water in them, if by some freak of nature one pops open or cracks, I won't have to suffer the repercussions of bad water in my tank.
Denise M.

X

xoxox

I got a 1/3 hp Prime inline tower chiller for my 180 acrylic and it works great.

merredeth

Originally Posted by XoXoX
I got a 1/3 hp Prime inline tower chiller for my 180 acrylic and it works great.
Ya got a better deal than I have found out there, :cheer: however one should keep in mind the cost to run a chiller is pretty high from what I understand.
I live in Iowa so we have longer winters and the bottle trick I have been doing works really well for me. Considering my home is about 70% or more windows, if anyone would have a real problem I would think it would be me but this works and my tank critters seem to be flourishing.
Denise M.