need help huge crab no pic.

ppanthrah75

hey gang havent been on in a while been busy with work and the wife is pregnant with twins:) but tonight i was feeding my tank and i saw huge legs moving behind a rock so i grabbed a flashlight and saw a 3 to 4 inch crab cannot get a pic but appears to be a blotchy white and maroon and legs are kinds hairy anyone have an idea what it could b and by the wa i know know what happened tomy 2 fish that dissapeared within the last week. i have not bought coral or rock for a long time so he must have been in my tank a couple of years.

btldreef

Ugh! Fuzzy legs are not a good sign!
Any idea of what rock he's in? Can the rock be removed?
Might be time to set up a trap
Congrats on the twins on the way!

ppanthrah75

ty on the twins but unfortunately i saw him under the bottom of a support rock so its either a trap or breaking the tank down

btldreef

Isn't that always the way? I'd definitely look up a couple different types of traps to setup. Good luck!

1guydude

sounds like a gorilla crab to me...hairy legs, red eyes, and sharp pinchers are a no no ! LOL
Good luck on the hitchhiker and congrats on the twins! Kinda good news and bad LOL!
+1 on the trap idea...one of my higher end LFSs rents em out! Idk wat uve got available though

A piece of krill im sure would entice the lil critter to come out!