need help please

ricky1066

OK I have posted pics of my cloudy tank and all the tiny particles init .When I got home it was worse So I decided to move around some rocks disturb some sand so maybe it would clear up after a while
Of ocurse it got worse and I am still waitng for it to clear up but I notice I had 5 turbo snails I canonly find 4 and they are all almost dead They have their insides hanging out and I tried to move them to stand them up and the insides almost fall out they have sand and some black stuff stuck to their feet.
I also had 12 hermit crabs I really cannot find them all
I have two questions I never got a real cleanup crew becaue my lfs told me not to? Maybe that is why the water is cloudy (which I doubt) Or should I just go out and buy some cuc if so what shold I have?
If anyone read my last post on the debris it seems to be coming out of my sump which I cleaned Is is another option I have ? I was thinking of shuting down the sump for a few days to see if it clears up that would tell me that was it will that do any harm

granny

Turbos and other snails are great except they generally do not like the 79-80 degrees of our tanks. They prefer coolor water and cannot tolerate nitrates. I hope you disposed of the insides and got it out of your tank. YOu will need to do a water change to compensate for the dead livestock. hermits will also attack snails to get their shells, so that is another possibility.
Do you have a skimmer? or a diatom filter? Both of these will grab particulates and get them out of your water.
Why would you have stuff coming from your sump????? Was something in there that broke down and caused debris?
You can try putting some fine filter media in your overflow if you have nothing else available and that should help some, as will charcoal.

ricky1066

OK I think I may have found the cloudy water problem I have a hob skimmer new I was told to run it open for a few days Which I have i think maybe the dobris is from there I turned it up to skim tonight and the tank started to clear still has some debris but alot less then it was
No answer for the snails dying but everything else is doing ok
I did test on what i have it is all good
ph-8.4
nitrate 15 --- it is always 15 And I just did a water change last night
nitrite--0
amonia--0