Need Help Stockin 75

swfishonly

I had a 75 gallon agressive tank and i had a spike and all my fish died over the night so i took out the rock put it in anotha tank .... I emptied out the tank completely the spike was the temp was 2 high and the salt dropped... Now im starting over with sand and looking for non agressive fish what would be a good fish list for it anything would be great
Terra

shlovell16

If I were you, I'd pick out one fish that you really want, AND that you would be able to put in a 75 gallon then work around that. Do you want a Reef or FOWLR tank?

swfishonly

i was lookin at fowlr and if anything the future i will switch 2 reef i dont have enough money and my fish list was lookin at..
Diff. Clown Fish and stuff to get along with that im not that good with non agressvie fish in my other tank i had 2 eels 1 niger trigger and 1 grouper

shlovell16

You probably won't want to put two different types of clownfish in a 75 because they would more then likely fight. However, you could do a pair of one type.

swfishonly

ooo ok thankz wat else can i put with them how bout some cleaner wrasse i had a few of those in the past years i like them but my angler ate them then my eel ate my angler

pat713

Cleaner Wrasse's are nice... I like watching them chase the other fish around trying to clean them. Also a cleaner shrimp...
Blue Chromis are good as well, same with Royal Gramma ( only can have 1)

seannmelly

3 green chromis, or anthias
sixline wrasse
yellow watchman or diamond goby(only if you have sand)
gold stripe maroon
dwarf angel

dmitry

Cleaner Wrasses don't have a good survival rate in the home aquarium.
You can definitely have a pair of Clowns, but remember that maroons are on the agressive side. A Dwarf Angel should be able to hold his own. Also, one of the smaller wrasses, like Sixline or Fairy, as well as a Blenny or a Goby.

fish911

Im cycling my 72g bowfront
Potential fishlist:
1 blue neon goby
1 sunrise dottyback
2 purple firefish ( or 1 red and 1 purple [if that will work])
1 yellow tang
2 Clowns (probably false percs)
1 gold heaad sleeper goby
1 snowflake eel ( or engineer goby as alternative) [not sure about the eel with firefish]
1 dwarf angel ( most likely flame angel)

fish911

No problem
I have done a ton of research for all those (ie: compatibility) and there doesnt seem to be any issues.... im still nervous about the eel eating the firefish ( because they are sooo beautiful ( and i want a helfrichi maybe [$$$])
... i posted another thread with that list and no one really responded ..... so i take that to mean there is no issue ( because usually people post if there is! ive found.

dmitry

Actually Dottybacks and Firefish may not be compatible. Firefish tend to be very timid and Dottybacks on the nasty side. Their similar shape is likely to have the Dottyback making Firefish its prime target. My Purple Dottyback certainly isn't friendly to my Purple Firefish.

S

sea_star

I have a 72 and this is my fish list
2 false percs
1 coral beauty
1 yellow tang
1 yellow tail damsel
2 firefish gobies
1 clown goby

fish911

I have read that generally dottybacks are rather aggressive ,.,, however I thought that the sunrise dottyback was an exception to that
does anyone have experience w/ sunrise dottybacks?