Need MH Lightning

unbreakabl

I am building a 125 gallon aquarium. I need 2 - 250 watt MH lightning. Please help. Would this be good for a reef aquarium. If you are selling your lightning please tell me about it. Does anyone knows any good websites where i can get MH lightning Any help would really be appreciated. My tank is 48 inches long

kingspade

i am selling 3x250 watt halide retro kit, less than 2 months of use on them, comes with everything you need. 14k bulbs included also

marcus71

i have a 400 watt, just needs a bulb.
has ballast, reflector just needs a bulb. looking for 135 shipped.

kingspade

im not trying to talk you out of buying this 400 watter, but for a 125 you are going to need more than just 1 light.

bang guy

Originally Posted by Unbreakabl
I am building a 125 gallon aquarium. I need 2 - 250 watt MH lightning. Please help. Would this be good for a reef aquarium. If you are selling your lightning please tell me about it. Does anyone knows any good websites where i can get MH lightning Any help would really be appreciated. My tank is 48 inches long
What types of Corals/Clams/Anemone are you palnning to keep? I'm a big fan of VHO but MH is probably the best start to give a reef aquarium.

bang guy

Oh,
I've never used T-5 but I traded for a 48" T-5 fixture. It's call a Nove Extreme. It has 4 T-5 HO bulbs and 4 moonlights and a built-in fan. Let me know if this interests you.
Bang

unbreakabl

bang guy yes it does. do you have any pics and i was hoping to keep all kinds of coral in my tank. Rose bubble etc... So which light would you consider for me to use and are you saying you have some for sale? thanks

bang guy

If you want to be able to keep all kinds I'd suggest a pair of 250 watt HQI. A lot of people are coming in with positive results from T5 but I'm not sold on it just yet.
If you do a web search on "NOVA Extreme" you'll find the fixture I mentioned. It's a cheaper alternative but I don't think it's as effective as MH.

fishcake

If your tank is 72" long then you will want 3 Mh bulbs 1 for evey 2 feet. The amount of light depends on how deep the tank is and what you plan on keeping. My 150 is 29" deep so... i use 250 watt DE.

nickadam

Do you wanna buy just the bulb or a whole setup . I have a inside sun 400wballast cable and cord, socket ,and reflector with a fq 250w 10,000 k bulb for 140.

saltwater8

I have a brand new, never opened, still in box, 20" 220W MH for sale if interested.
One 175W HQI 20,000k bulb
Two compact fluorescent actinic blue bulbs
Two blue moon LED
Hanging Kit
Expandable legs (to 27")