new 65 pics

jonthefb

jus thought id post some pics of my 65 thats been up for about 3 weeks now...everythign from the 20 was moved into the 65...so here it is in all its glory!
any comments are greatly appreciated guys!
jon

jonthefb

a cool indonesian green ricordea......sorry about the amount of graphics, ive been playing with my macro mode on my new cam!

jonthefb

my other pride adn joy, just picked this guy up yesterday...it is also a Montipora capricornis, however it has a purple flesh, with neon green polyps!

jonthefb

finally, my pink poccilipora frag that i took from a dying colony at the shop i work at and so far it seems to be doing fine!
thanks for looking all, and again let me know what you think!
good luck
jon

attml

Jonthefb,
The new tank looks good!!!:) I really like the M. Cap!!! Especially the Purple and Green! Very nice!

jonthefb

no kiddin man, i won, yes, me , won a digital camera at our last employee meeting at home depot.....it was a raffle so i got 6 tix for 5 bones, and one of them happened to be the winner! I am sooo stoked.....just trying to figure out the little bugger now!

nm reef

jonthefb...wow...pics of your stuff. Very kewl.
Excellant selection of corals. Be sure to post additional pics as everything matures!:cool:
You've got a few that I'd love to have for my own system...but I have time to wait. It'll be a while before I'm ready to continue the evolution of my reef from primarily LPS to SPS corals. By that time yours should be ready to frag!!:D
'Till then continue the good job...feed 'em well...and post more pics!;)

jonthefb

thanks guys....im tryign to stray more towards teh sps stuff this go around.....theres a shop in denver that is really cool about fragging stuff in their show tank for me, thats how i got that crazy green/purp monti....but i like it....i really only have one whole acro colony, a tricolor that cm Indo Pacific Aqua Farms, the walt smith coral place, however the polyps still havent opened up on that guy yet...kind worried......but man the new lights sure do make a difference....i had the lights in the 20 up for about 9 months and they were startign to lose spectrum because my corals began bleaching/dying cause of the poor light, however in the new tank with the brand new bulbs, AB 13K 250 w X2, and the 2 3ft vho actinics, everythign is really jammin now! im gonna take pics of the ballast, canopy, and fuge as well, but im really pleased with teh set up and final look!
and NM, as soon as these guys are fraggable, ill let you know!
good luck
jon

jonthefb

thanks cheer....ive had the squamosa for about a year now and the maxima for about 3 months....i also had a blue maxima that i lost during the upgrade, he was realy cool too...:(

Hey Jon,
Tank looks great! I haven't been on the board for a long time.
I like the looks of the lights. Do you have a pic of the canopy? A while back, I remember reading that you were in the process of building a canopy. I am interested in seeing it. Also, could you please give the dimensions?
Thanks,
Tracklighter

vibe

those ricordea, are those some kind of mushroom? because i ahve 2 of them in my tank, and the guy at the store told me they were bubble mushroom. can you tell me? nice corals man! beautiful colors.