New 6g Pony Tank!!

teresaq

the baby is very cute. Hope he grows well for you.
What are you feeding?? What are you enriching with?? Are you using decapped eggs
new born erectus will eat on day one so I would think dwarfs will too.
T
Also, keep up the water changes. get a piece of rigid tubing and attach to an air line. use this the syphon the algea patches you see.

zeke92

I'm feeding BBS. The eggs i have aren't decapsulated, i've only got a bit left, and im afraid to try and decap so little at a time since i don't know how much for the amount i have. I bought a pound on ---- but it won't get shipped till april ninth. So i'm going to buy some more eggs tomorrow and decapsulate them myself.
I let the hatchery sit without aeration for a while until the eggs are at the top and the BBS are in the middle and then directly take the BBS out without grabbing tons of the eggs for now.
The baby dissapeared, should i move the chaeto and see if i can find it or just wait until it shows up? He was fine before he dissapeared, i doubt he would have just died and be lying in the sand.

zeke92

I was trying to use this tong things my mom bought in the tank. They are HUGE and only give me about five inches to work with, instead of what i was asking for. I wanted something long i could get stuff out of the tank with so i wouldn't have to get my hands in the water at all, but these are just terrible.
So i'm trying to maneuver these giant things in the water to get a pony who seemed to be stuck on this black algae in the chaeto. I get him out just fine, but then i knock over the powerhead which doesn't stay on the glass AT ALL, so if you even touch it it falls. So now i got a powerhead shooting debris and ponys everywhere, i run to turn it off.
Now i have a powerhead sitting at the bottom of the tank, so i have to take out the filter which blocks a third of the top of the tank. And the two coords are all tangled, so i have to set it on top of the tank, not out of the way. So i'm trying to get this powerhead hooked back on the glass while there is a wet filter blocking my way, and of course the tangled coords move, and knock over the air pump next to the tank.
The tube shoots out of the brine shrimp hatchery and throws nasty water all over me.
And then once i get it all cleaned up, hooked back up, and lookin pretty....the power head doesn't work.
Now i've spent an hour messing with all this crap just to end up with a non-working powerhead.
My baby dissapeared earlier today and i've still yet to see it, although he looked fine before he dissapeared.
EDIT: Powerhead is working now thankfully.