New Angel

rcbruce

I just got this new Swallowtail Angelfish a week ago and couldn't be happier.
What a great way to be able to keep 2 angelfish (coral beauty) in the same tank.

ginarox

thats a beautiful fish...your aquarium looks sweet,thanks for sharing,have a great day..

rcbruce

Coral Beauty not a huge fan of hers, let's just say they tolerate each other. Coral kind of bumps swallowtail every once in awhile, I think just to let it know who's boss.

anonome

Thanks for sharing, sure is a beauty!! I will look into this one myself. Have seen them on another website, but only a small picture. Yours is gorgeous.

aquageek

That is a nice looking Angel! It looks extremely healthy. Did you get it at the LFS or online? I have had 100% survivial rate buying Angels online.

rcbruce

Thanks so much for all the kind words. This is the first one I have ever seen. Bought it at LFS.
According to what I have read, it is a female. They are supposed to be able to be kept in schools, although my 55 is not big enough to do so.
She is very gentle. Even though it is bigger than the coral beauty, it will be occasionally chased by the CB. Doesn't seem to bother it much tho, and after 2 weeks they are coexisting well.

joncat24

that is one sweet angel fish....I wonder how one would do in my 180 with a coral beauty and a flame angel???

rcbruce

Originally Posted by joncat24
that is one sweet angel fish....I wonder how one would do in my 180 with a coral beauty and a flame angel???
Probably be great. With that much space, you could probably be lucky enough to keep a pair. They are demorphic, so in theory the dominate one would morph to a male...........in theory!