New fish to discuss....

milwaukeem

Has anyone heard of the two following fish: Ornate Boxfish or Personifer Angelfish? They are very awesome looking fish!!! I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about them or matbe even has one or the other.... Would like to find out more about them....
Check out the pics below......

debbie

Wow what neat fish, love that Anglefish for sure......

Are you planning on getting these two types?

fedukeford

neat looking fish, but ive never evem heard a mention of them so they are either
1. very expensive
2. very hard to keep
3. very hard to find

B

bloodhound

This is quoted from another website that sells them. They ranged from $149-$199. It said they are of moderate care level.
The Personifer Angelfish, also known as the Bluemask Angelfish, has an unusual, almost blistered appearance to its body which is generally black. The face is a drab blue-green and speckled with yellow. A swatch of yellow covers the forehead and the caudal fin is also yellow and split with a blue-green band. This is one of the few species of angelfish where the males differ morphologically from the females. In this case, the males have a slightly longer body than females.
A 100 gallon or larger tank with large quantities of live rock should be provided. Not a good reef dweller, the Personifer Angelfish is prone to nip at stony and soft corals (sessile invertebrates) and clam mantles.
The diet should consist of Spirulina, marine algae, high-quality angelfish preparations, mysid or frozen shrimp, and other meaty items.

milwaukeem

I have found some very interesting looking fish... the fisrt one is called a Mosaic Leather Jacket & the second is a Scribbled Angelfish.... I am telling you this hobby just keeps getting more & more interesting!!!!