New fish

f14peter

Jessica, is this the same tank that you started somewhere around Feb 10?
and on Feb 18 posted this? . . .
yesturday my readings was
salinity 1.025
ph 8.3
ammonia .25
nitrite 0
nitrite 0 (these were done by lfs)
today i took them with home kit for the first time and i got
salinity 1.025
ph 8.4
ammonia i think is 0.50 close though to 0.25 so im not sure would it go up that much in one day?
nitrite 0
nitrite 0

I haven't read all your posts, but are you sure your tank has cycled? Did your test readings show a drop in ammonia, a rise in nitrite, then a drop in nitrite and a rise in nitrate? Please tell me this LFS isn't the same one that sold you a $10-$20 clown to cycle your tank.
Not trying to be rude, inconsiderate, or a smart arse, but I recall you just a few days ago had a dying clown and 5 days ago had ammonia at 25+ppm and 0ppm nitrites/nitrates. I'm just concerned that 5 days isn't enough for your tank to cycle. Hopefully something's happend that I didn't catch.
If everything is indeed copacetic, then I apologize.

jessica47421

yes this is the same tank i went to another lfs and showed them my readings in the past and let them test my water and told them what i have done so far they said everything was good and i could add fish and my cycle was done..........i hope this is so, i got him yesturday and he was in the rock some where all night he finally came out today about 11am and he is swimming around when i go to the tank and he sees me he still hides behind the tank hopefuly he is just getting used to everything i just hope he dont hide alot

renogaw

Please go and buy your own test kits. in the scope of the hobby, they are the least expensive and best return on investment you can get. do not trust someone else to tell you things are "ok".

ukcats

Originally Posted by jessica47421
yes this is the same tank i went to another lfs and showed them my readings in the past and let them test my water and told them what i have done so far they said everything was good and i could add fish and my cycle was done..........i hope this is so, i got him yesturday and he was in the rock some where all night he finally came out today about 11am and he is swimming around when i go to the tank and he sees me he still hides behind the tank hopefuly he is just getting used to everything i just hope he dont hide alot
Fish should not be added right away after the cycle. You need to wait at least a couple weeks and let your bacteria catch up to the bioload of your tank. I've never had a trigger..but I THOUGHT they will eat a cleanup crew. Someone else can chime in here. IF the ammonia and trites are gone then you probably need some crabs and definitely snails to clean up the Diatoms. Trigger should have beenthe last fish added. Also, is a 55 gallon ok for a trigger? Again someone else can chime in here. I think your going way too quick...better slow down or bad things may happen...just some advice.
Take it or leave it. Good luck!!!

f14peter

Originally Posted by renogaw
Please go and buy your own test kits. in the scope of the hobby, they are the least expensive and best return on investment you can get. do not trust someone else to tell you things are "ok".
Aaaaaand, if you do use a LFS for (temporary!) testing, I think it's a good idea to get their actual readings, as in "Ya got X of this, Y of that . . ." instead of a "Okay, you're good to go."
As we all know, a LFS's interpretation of what's "Good" can be different than what's really "Good", especially if there's a potential sale involved.

hot883

Originally Posted by jessica47421
since i got him can i add clean up crew or do i have to wait? if so how long?
Don't do anything. The fish is going to throw your tank into a spiraling wreck. Your tank is NOT cycled yet if it is the tank started 2 weeks ago.

chuckcac

WHOOOOOAAAAHHH.... :scared:
slowly.... slowly.... slooooooowwwwwwllllly.
the only
things that happen fast in SWA's are BAD things

i've been reading your posts for the past two weeks also...
are you sure your cycle is done?
also an Assassi Trigger (Rhinecanthus assassi) in a 55? hmmmmm :notsure:
read this to be certain you're giving your pet a good home...
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-08/dc/index.php
research, research, research...

ukcats

Originally Posted by chuckcac
WHOOOOOAAAAHHH.... :scared:
slowly.... slowly.... slooooooowwwwwwllllly.
the only
things that happen fast in SWA's are BAD things

i've been reading your posts for the past two weeks also...
are you sure your cycle is done?
also an Assassi Trigger (Rhinecanthus assassi) in a 55? hmmmmm :notsure:
read this to be certain you're giving your pet a good home...
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-08/dc/index.php
research, research, research...

There is no way this tank is ready for more fish at this stage...especially THAT fish...but hey...we've all made mistakes.
Unfortunately people learn fastest from their own ones...

ewok

well considering that fish gets right about a foot long i think you should consider giving to a friend with a tank atleast 90 gallons

chuckcac

Originally Posted by UKCATS
There is no way this tank is ready for more fish at this stage...especially THAT fish...but hey...we've all made mistakes.
Unfortunately people learn fastest from their own ones...
true - especially THAT fish...
thats why i posted the link to the article about triggers... it's loaded with reasons why she should NOT have that fish in a 55 and at this stage of the tank's maturity...
i was trying to inspire a little more discression on her purchases...
I'm with ya UKCATS...