New Foxface

prime311

I just picked up a foxface and he's acclimating now. He's obviously stressed and his colors have darkened, he has dark colorings all over his normally white body. Is this normal?

tr1gger

Foxfaces are VERY docile, you will notice for a while when you walk in the room they will go hide and prop up all their fins and loose their colors. Basically Normal for these fish. They take a lonngggg time to become comfy in a new tank

aquaguy24

very normal..it'll be like that for a day or two...they will stick next to a rock and have a camoflauge of different shades of grey...they can change color and can change back to their yellow in a matter of seconds...this happens usually when the lights first come on and go off or if u suddenly walk up to the tank....i have a onespot foxface..love him...great fish..

gohabsgo

Realy nice fish!!! pics,pics,pics
That one is on my list too!Hope he does'nt stay shy too long,so you can take a pic for us!

aquaguy24

don't worry he won't be shy for long. it'll swim in the open allday long..even better if u have another open swimmer so they will swim together....

prime311

After a few hours he was back to normal. I didn't realize Foxface change colors that much and so quickly, very cool. He also spent some time following my coral beauty like a lost puppy which I found pretty funny.