New GBTA?

Just purchased this great what appears to be green bubble tip anemone. Bought it off *****.com(bad mistake) im pleased with the nem and just wanted to show it off and see what you experts think of it.
Thanks, Eric
I have 4 54w t5 ho bulbs beamin down on it. I have 2 ocellis Clowns who have yet to host it yet :( I also have had a cleaner shrimp go missing since the addition. Is it possible the nem gobbled it up?

vantec

hey gratz on your new nem. looks like a good one. i also just picked a bright neon green bubble tip up with like red dots on the tips today. it was pretty small looking in the store but when i put it into my tank i was surprised how puffy it could get. hopfully your clown will host soon. i have a white stripe marroon clown and it only took him about 30 mins before he got into it and hes been rubbin on that nem for like 2 hours straight lol.
i kinda figured my clown wanted to host somethign though i had a rock with a bunch of shrooms on it i threw away a few weeks back and he had been trying to hosting that, and latley hes been hanging out real close to the sand swooshing sand all day long like he was trying to host the sand haha. figured id give a nem a try and he went right to it didnt even give the nem time to find a spot and get comfy lol.

Thanks and congrats on your hosting. I might have to use some methods to get them to go in it. Im hoping it stays healthy and doesnt cause any problems

cajonez

It took my clowns almost 2 weeks to host my GBTA. Some people never have success doing so, its a bit of a crap shoot. I have read in a couple threads that people suggest taping a picture of a clown hosting to the side of your tank. Whether this works is questionable, but might be worth a try if you don't think they will do so on their own.

dee77

i got a green bubble two and my ocellaris did not go in it and three days later it got sucked threw my pump