New Kessil Lighting announced

lubeck

dont have all the details but they annouced a new light with external and third party controllability. available by the end of the month....

novahobbies

Cool! I like the Kessils....very clean, good looking fixture. Might be worth the upgrade in a few years.

lubeck

Please post your thoughts once you get them Do you have an apex? Are you going to use it to control? Pics!

bltangy

I have the A150 Amazon Sun installed and love the shimmer on the refuge and I am looking forward to seeing the cheato grow. Still waiting on the A360W to get here. I have been looking into the Apex and really want to get it but have to save up some more money to get it(can't wait). I had ordered the A350W last Monday then went to the Kessil website two days later while waiting for the A350W to get here to find out that the A360W had been released, so after reading what the A360W could do, it was a no brainer to send the A350W back and get the A360W for the ability to be able to mimic sunrise and sunset with them. Then comes the long wait to be able to get the Apex, but now at least I will have lights that can do what I want them to do.
Here is a couple pics of my 55 gal refuge with the A150 over it.

bltangy

Just got the confirmation email saying my A360W should be here Monday. ???? Now I have to work on getting the Apex system.

bltangy

And here they are.

I like the blue. These lights are way better looking than my old MH250 (IMO) and they look way better in person than my iPhone camera can show.

lubeck

Sweet are you using it with a controller. When you connect them and "tune" one of them does the other mimic it?

bltangy

I do not have a controller yet, working on getting that with the wife, and yes, with a cable that connects the two together one of the lights controls both of them (color & intensity). I'm like a kid at Christmas right now. This so much fun.

bltangy

Yes the apex system will work with the Kessil A360 from what I gathered from the Neptune support and what I have read.
http://reefbuilders.com/?s=Kessil

lubeck

Yes they do Shawn. I called kessil a few weeks ago to confirm it will run with the apex. I know that this light works. I was following a guy on one of the forums that started a 290 gal with kessils and is growing And keepings sps with great color

lubeck

Not sure i know what your asking but it's a multi chip with various colors. I know they have UV in them. As far as the tuning it is really just a white and blue channel. As far spread its pretty good but I have two wides. I still don't know which lighting I'm going with on my new build but I would be covered if I got two more for a total of 4. I would go for the narrows though.

acrylic51

I did look a little closer at the pics, and did see they were multi chips, but what are the ratios on the chip of colors.....Couldn't find anything that outlayed that information.....So basically the only thing you can tune is blue and white.....All the other colors are preset.......