New Nano!

salt nate

Ok, Ive been wanting to start a nano for a while, but I was forced into starting one today. Here's why....I have a 75 gal fowlr that the fish got ich in. There was about 30 lbs of live rock in it and I had to get it out so I could do hypo in that tank .
So...I stole my 6 year old son's 10 gal. freshwater tank, brang his fish to the lfs, got some live sand, and an aquaclear 50.
I put all of the rock in there tonight and it is major reef time! Do you guys think this will be ok for a month or so, until I am done with the hypo in the other tank? (ok as in...that much rock in there, will the filter be enough and Oh...I bought a 20 watt pc (1/2 actinic) that is like a normal light bulb

[hr]
in type light.)
Also, i need Ideas for what to do after i move some of that rock out!

spanko

I think the rock will be fine. YOu have flow and a heater and some lighting for the coralliine. Should be good to go!!!

salt nate

If you dont know me yet...I am new but I like to take risks. How hard is a seahorse tank? What would I need to consider? Is 10 gal big enough?

grubsnaek

that rock is nuts looking. deffinetly a different way to stack them. i say get good lighting and make that a small nano....corals would look absolutely insane in there....

salt nate

yeah, I def want to do corals...Im stoked about my new nano, but some of the rock is going to be leaving this tank soon, its kind of a temp housing project while I treat another tank.

salt nate

the hood only has a standard s c r e w (had to write it that way cause the site thinks Im cursing) in light bulb connection. I was stoked to have found one that had actinic and reg lighting. Does anyone make a more powerful pc that fits into a standard light fixture?