new naso wats wrong with him though

clown123

i just got a naso from my lfs very young but not hyper and not eating reall calm is something wrong i got a 55gallon? :help: :help: :help:

clown123

my comp gets messed up so its hard to type. my naso tang is not eating and has big white spots on it this is my first naso tan ive had can somthing be wrong with it. its really small?

angelsrock

sounds like it's stressed and has a parasite. how mature is you're tank and what do you have in there other than the tang. also what is you're water parameters.

clown123

my tank is about 5mnths now and its in with 3other tangs a kole,yellow and an atlanyic blue but now its eating but only lettuce no one pics on it actually its smaller then my kole and the kole is really afraid of it.

fedukeford

#1 you are NOT suppusoed to have any tangs in a 55 gallon... mabey a baby yellow tang for a couple months - the most
#2 naso tangs need 200+gallon tanks!!
#3 it is most likley ich.... get rid of ALL those tangs or the will surley die!
what other fish do you have in there?

treybomb

Originally Posted by fedukeford
#1 you are NOT suppusoed to have any tangs in a 55 gallon... mabey a baby yellow tang for a couple months - the most
#2 naso tangs need 200+gallon tanks!!
#3 it is most likley ich.... get rid of ALL those tangs or the will surley die!
what other fish do you have in there?
people have sucesfully had tangs in a 55
butt 2 nasos in a 55 is too much... i went to my lfs yesterday and they had a naso at least 1' long and they said he wasnt even fully grown

puffer32

yellow tangs and koles will be ok in a 55, need 4 ft swimming space, though i think anything less then a 75 is to small, naso should have 6 ft of swimming space, yours sounds stressed, not because of tank size if he is very small, but tank mates are probably stressing him out.

ophiura

1) Tank size - that's a small tank for a naso
2) Other inhabitants. - tangs can be aggressive towards one another and several in a tank of that size is bad news.
What are your specific water parameters?
What are all your other fish and tank inhabitants? I hope nothing more than the other tangs...
But I would suggest that even if it "recovers" now, that combination of fish is not suitable for that tank. I would strongly suggest you return several of the tangs for a more appropriate selection of fish.

clown123

he is really small i had all the other tangs for about 3mnths now the naso is like 2 /2in the pet store said that it was really young and may not eat for the first 3-4ay.it is always hidng whenever a person comes by it zooms right bac into its cave. i dont kow wats wrong?

promisetbg

Set up a QT tank and treat him with hypo-salinity...read about this in disease and treatment.No fish should ever be added without QT first so you can observe whether it is healthy.
Try adding some fresh garlic to his food,he will probably not eat for a day or so.Be sure to give him some high protein and also vegetable type food such as formula two.Flakes will not be sufficient.
As stated,your tank is way too small for tangs,even though they are small.The naso especially...gets over a foot and a half...and should be in a tank that is at least six feet.

xtech

my naso acted the same way for about 4 days,and always had the big white spots.since then he has opened up and is the biggest eater in the tank.my foxface was the same way.now they have adopted each other and are buddys,always swimmin together and carryin on.they are in a 90 but here in the next 6-7 mos i want to have a 125 as well.

clown123

yea he/she is doin that with the dots but only when someone comes by him like the kole tang this is its 3rd day in the tank and i have too see if hes still alive bc i didnt turn the light on yet.lol