new swf.com

jonthefb

wow, like the new swf.com site....have been on all morn and as i refresed this time, everythign changed! pretty cool!
good luck
jon

T

therock0861

I agree with Jon the improvements are awesome and the coral selection more than doubled.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

nas19320

Everything seems crammed into the center of the page though. Even the box on the screen when you reply is really small. Also it seems a little slower. I do like the new look of good's page.

m.rogers

SWF.COM site is looking cool just a little small if sould fit to page then it would be better. love the new look.
mike

sheracr123

I just posted this same thread in "fish discussion". The box where you reply was NOT as small as it is here. Must just be a bug. I am a little dissapointed, becuz I have always had a full screen message board with no blue panel on the left. It won't work anymore :(
Oh well... atleast the whole sites not down!

shanev

Originally posted by nicky1.8t
no right click sux but there are ways around that but to small

We shouldnt have to work around it, there is no real good reason for disabling right click of your mouse. It limits functionality that many users want or need. The main "reason" some sites do this is to try to prevent their images from being stolen, but anyone who wants it, like you said , :There are ways around it". So in practice you just annoy the people who casually use the right click. (For spell check, to open in a new window, to navigate forward and back) I understand it on the ordering side, but on the message board side its just silly. I hope they reconsider.

koolaid

Pleeeeeeeease fix the message board. It is toooo slow. It would be nice to use the right mouse button to open up other windows. And the message window is too small.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
This was a planned changed and the narrow look is a part of the new feature.
I have noticed that the reply section is about 1/3 the size of the window space offerred. Don't know if this is a clitch to be worked out or not.
For those of you using old bookmarks, you might want to type Saltwaterfish.com in your browser and then go to the message BB button. This will eliminate the double menu options at the left.

escape2thewater

I agree, awesome job on the new coral selection, but this is ridiculous on how sloooow this site is loading! No pain , no gain but I hope the pain wont last too long!
BTW, great pic beth!
KYle
;)