New tank algae growth?remove?

im cleaning the brown redish algae off my inside glass on my new tank. im leaving the back of the tank growing . its hard to get around those hoses suction cups. but 3 sides are clean mainly for my viewing pleasure ..lol. is this ok? will the algae growth help or hurt my tank on the back wall..
ihve 3 nice size pieces of live rock
3 inch of live sand
fluval304
seaclone skimmer
uv sterlizer9watt
50/50 bulb
2 201 hagen powerheads.
a few small fish . tank 6 weeks old please advise?
thankyou

von_rahvin

i neve clean the sids of my tank. well i might scrape the front of it occasianally. get a magnet clenaer and it will make your life wonderful. the secret to a clean tank is your cleanup crew. it is the firstthign that i added to my tank and i have never regretted this step. they have fantastice cleanup crews here at SWF. have have uncountable number of snails and hermits in my tanks. even the back of my tank is clean. make sure you add all the LR you plan on adding before you put any nice fish into your tank. adding my LR will cause your tank to recycle. so it is better to save up and do it all at once. What are you planning to do with your tank?

salty guy

Not sure the size of you tank but if you are goin to keep an Anenome you are going to need much more light than a 50/50.
The brown algae is part of the cycle process. Once its gone is when the green algae will start. Better get a clean up crew in there before it gets out of control.

i have room for one light bulb? is that enough light barring i have the right bulb for a single anenome? a sebae to be exact? will one bulb do and if so which one? thanks..
what kind of clean up crew?

salty guy

if you have one 40w bulb over a 55 (dont know size of tank) its not enough. I am not a lighting expert but I have 110w over a 29g tank an I am wondering if I have enough light. Also you water needs to be perfect or very close to it.
If you have room for only one bulb use a HM bulb they are $$$$ but will do the job.
A clean up crew is a group of crabs, shrimp, snals, and stars that clean up your tank. Eat fish poop, algae, and other stuff that comes to rest on the bottom of you tank. Go to the home page and look at there clean up crew they have good stuff at good prices.