NEW UniMax 700 Professional Filter with UV Sterilizer!

saltwater8

Hi everyone,
I have a brand new UniMax 700 Professional Series filter - it comes with dual inlets and dual outlets and a UV sterilizer built right in - it is am awesome filter.
It has the highest REAL flow rate in its class of 450 GPH and is rated for up to a 180 gallon tank.
I bought two of these for my 120, but with the dual inlet and dual outlet, I only need one - it is an awesome filter!
It is brand new, never opened - I paid almost $400 for it (including shipping), but am willing to sell it for much less.
Make me an offer!

drizcol

Hi, Im in WI too. Where are you loacted? Im in Milwaukee. I have been looking into buying one of these filters but I think I was shooting for a lesser model. I belive the one I looked at was $150 or so. I have a 90 gal and this one might be a little over kill. You cant go wrong with a UV sterilizer built in though!!
one of the problems I read about these filters is that they tend to leak. have you had any leaking problems with yours?
You can email me if you would like at drizcol@wi.rr.com

saltwater8

Hey, I am in the Appleton area.
Actually at 450 GPH in a 90 gallon tank, that is a 5X flow rate - not overkill at all.
With the dual inlets and dual outlets, this filter is amazing.... not to mention the built in UV.
I have never heard anyone say that the UniMax leaked - where did you hear this, or do you mean canisters in general?
I can tell you that this filter is built like a sherman tank it is SOLID.
I LOVE this filter, you will too...
Let me know.
Thanks!

saltwater8

LOL, yeah... the famous words of this hobby

I can tell you that this filter is by far the best one I have ever had - far better than even the Eheim Pro.
The filter has two independent rotors on ceramic shafts that make this filter so quiet you need to shut off everything else and put your ear directly next to it to hear anything.
I forgot to mention that all of the media is included and the filter has a three year warranty!
:happyfish

drizcol

I totally want the filter but just dont have the money. It probably has the perfect flow for my 90 gal. If for some reason I come up with the money I will buy it. Please elt me know if you cant sell it and decide to lower the price.
As far as the leaking goes with those filters: I belive they were talking about it on this forum but it was probably the lower end model .

saltwater8

I am willing to come down to $250 including delivery, so that will save you another $50.
I found the thread you were talking about and the poster stated that their Fluval leaked, and said nothing about the UniMax leaking.
This filter has never leaked and others I have talked to with this filter say they have had absolutely no problems with it leaking or any other problems.
This filter has a three year warranty and has won a ton of industry awards, if that means anything...
I can tell you it is very well built and solid.
I absolutely love the one I have, and you will too...
Let me know.
Thanks!