Night Lights

I bought some of those night lights on e-bay for an aquarium. Does anyone have any idea if they will be OK with my fish and is it gonna make my algae problem worse?:confused:

drakken

Do you mean the Custom Sealife Moonlight? I just got one of those myself and love it. It is only 1 watt so no algae will grow because of it.
It is also good for fish because they still get a day and night but night isn't pitch black. This is supposed to be less stressful for the fish than total darkness.

if you dont want to spend like $50 on that moon lite, you can just go get a blue party light and take a small lamp and aim it at the tank, thats what i do, i use 2 of them to cover the whole tank, works very good and only cost me like $7.

drakken

Originally posted by Powdertoastman
if you dont want to spend like $50 on that moon lite, you can just go get a blue party light and take a small lamp and aim it at the tank, thats what i do, i use 2 of them to cover the whole tank, works very good and only cost me like $7.

The Custom Sealife Moonlight cost me $23 from my LFS.
Another cheap solution is to get one of those green glow nightlights from any homecenter. They cost about $3 and cast a nice glow on the tank. This is what I used before I bought the moonlight.