no other way to treat???????

zap800

ok i have a occelaris (spelling) and it looks like ich on her. i was woundering is there any other way to treat my fish then to take them all out and place him in a ht. i have 2 occelaris, 1 pj cardinal, 1 pygmi angel, and a bicolor cromi. i dont have any other containers or another tank i can use right now. i could get a 10 gal from wal mart tomarrow, but i dont think it will be big enough for all of them at the same time. if i qt the i perc and treat it wont tret the other fish or the tank. so this is my quandry. are there any treatments out there that i can use in my reef tank?

elfdoctors

There are some medications out there which purport to treat ich and which are reef-safe. Their performance is very spotty. You might consider trying these. Some fish can also develop a limited immunity against ich which probably explains some of the "successes".
You should purchase that tank anyway. A QT is really a necessity in this hobby.

zap800

ok i have done some research and the best stuff i have found to buy tomarrow is RX-P. has anyone used this product? the manufacturer says its reef safe and wont harm inverts.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Reef safe medications are not very successful. But if you don't have a QT, then I guess that is better than doing nothing. What do you have in your tank?

zap800

i have 30 hermits, 10 asorted snails, an emerald, green star polyps, orange zoos, 1 bicolor cromi, 2 clowns, 1 pygmi angel, 1 pj cardinal, and about 70 lbs of live rock. i know im forgetting something lol.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, your best bet is to set up a QT to threat this fish, and then never introduce a new fish to your display that has not first passed the "healthy" test in the QT for a month.

zap800

as i have been treating my tank it is not looking like my clown has ich. what do you guys think? thay have a discoloration on the top of thier heads. also my female has lost some of her dorsal fin.