NOAA Florida Hazardous Weather Outlook

stdreb27

Danger be aware of Iguanas falling from Florida trees... Falling iguanas can harm themselves, you or your property please take the necessary precautions...

teresaq

This is true, watched it on the news the other day.
They get so cold (and its been cold) and they shut down and hibernate.

lovethesea

this is terrible for the sea turtles also. They are getting cold stunned.(water temp falls below turtles body temp) A few hundred turtles have been found all over the state and the Clearwater aquarium has a bunch of them.

meowzer

Originally Posted by lovethesea
http:///forum/post/3205608
this is terrible for the sea turtles also. They are getting cold stunned.(water temp falls below turtles body temp) A few hundred turtles have been found all over the state and the Clearwater aquarium has a bunch of them.

And they die, or hibernate???

T

tizzo

If you guys have seen this info, maybe you saw where a lot of marine animals are going to the power plant for warmth?? Normally there are manatees, but in this cold, more critters show up.
We just went down there today and I got some pics... One is awesome, the other, well, not so much. The top pic is a stingray while the other is a shark.
It was 37 degrees out there, so my fingers were freezing, otherwise I woulda stayed longer for better shots...
Poor critters...