NSA water filters?

devaji108

hello,
do any of you reefers use an nsa water filter? I need to make 150+ gal of salt h2o and was thinking about them. as they filter water faster than a ro/di unit.
LFS charges 50cents a gallon for ro/di that will ad up pretty fast.
I am getting back in to the hobby after a few years break and picking up a complet system...
thoughts?
feeback?

dragonzim

A quick search shows that they are carbon filters only, which is why they are so much quicker than a true RO/DI filter. Definitely wont give you as good a water quality as an RO unit will.

salt210

is that the normal amount that you need for changes or for the initial setup? if its for the setup alot of people just stick the RO line into the tank and let it rip

devaji108

thats for the initial setup... I thought about that however I will have LR with some corals on it that need to go in ASAP...(shrooms and other easy corals)
thats why I like the idea of the faster carbon filter...
I did use one in the past a few years ago and to my knowlage it worked just fine...
that said I do what to start off "right" from the get go.

d-dzel

I wish saltwater was 50 cents around here.
LFs sell ro/di water for $1.50 a gallon. That's why I had to buy my own ro/di
Do you have another tank? or why do some corals and LR have to go in asap? Maybe you could try some local reefers and ask if a couple of them might want to help you out with some water.

devaji108

I am getting back in to the hobby after a few years off and a move...
I got a great deal on a 150 reef and need to start the move in a couple of days.
just trying to think of the "best" way to get good clean water.