O.T.: Ingoring that post!

Through shear will power and intestinal fortitude, not to mention that I have, in the words of AC/DC, " Ive got the biggest balls of them all", I have ignored the post that says to ignore the post. My will is deteriorating. As with the giant sponge, I am prone to look in on this subject that so many people have knowingly looked at and replied too. Maybe when it reaches 100 replies or 1500 views, I will break down.
I am determined not to look at it, although the voices in my head are telling me to.

broomer5

By posting a topic referring to the original ignore this post thread, you have in fact NOT ignored it at all.
Through your own admission of ignoring it, you've not ignored it , you've actually called attention to the original ignore this post post, and yourself seemingly trying to ignore it.
There is no way to ignore the post.
You may choose not to open it, read it or participate in it, but you've failed to ignore it.
You've in a round about way started an entire new thread, regarding one's ability to ignore something.
The only way to truely ignore something - is to never ever repeat it to others, and every time you see it - you secretively move past it - not allowing yourself to comment upon it.
LOL Steamboat - you crack me up sometimes :D ;)

I guess in the round about way you stated, I did not ignore the post. The fact remains that I have abstained, through perserverence, by not opening that post.
I know there may be some juicy retorts in store for me. as you know, It is hard for me to resist the occasional flame or joke.
by replying directly in the post, would have been a personal defeat.
Although I have not read the thread, I am just as bad as all the rest. I will not, however, read that thread. (FOR NOW!)

broomer5

Now that's more like it !
Don't even think of opening that old "ignore this post" post.
There's nothing in there that is useful in this hobby. Just a bunch of people replying to Dan's ignore this post post.
If you do hold out - and make it to the end - you'll be a better man for it.
Rock solid
Unbendable
Certain of conviction
Good luck buddy - you shall be tempted :p

You know, they say the devil uses reverse psycology. Are you the devil? Shark - Devil (same thing?) Probably not.
Why are you guys tempting me? I will not read that post!!!!
Does't I protest too much?

broomer5

No steamboat - I am not the devil, although I'm sure I've been called worse.
And yes I am giving your a hard time - only because I find this funny, and somewhat familiar.
Reverse psychology - possibly :D
But whatever you do - don't open that thread.
What lies within is not meant for all to see.
Only those that do what they are told not to do shall reap the benefits of such hidden wonders.
It really is quite an amazing thread - I wish I could just ignore it :cool:

azrile

OMG, you really haven't read that story yet?? it's about funniest thing I could image happening to a fish tank. Some of the other people posting the "i can beat that". I have to make sure nobody is around when I read that thread, i laugh so hard.
Great lyric from Rush " if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice"

In the words of Rush, (I am a big fan, and have seen them in concert on the 2112 tour; yeah, Im that old): " The sleep is still in my eyes, the dream is still in my head."
It has nothing to do with this subject, but I love the song.
I still will not read the thread.

clarkiiboi

You got good determination, I looked at it the first day, just cause, and havent been there since.........well until I find it again, I gotta look now.....help me, I am not strong, the peer pressure!!! lol good luck, I will now know whats there in a few minutes ;) :eek:

In the words of REO Speedwagon, " I'm ridin' the storm out".
Hey, that relates!
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Give me three steps.
Don't know what that has to do with it!!??
"Yes, still crazy after all these years." Paul Simon- circa 1974.
now that has a lot of relevance!

I see that nolofinwe, my hero, has replied to the thread. LOL.
Shame on all of you.
Sharks, have succumed to it too. I have seen member after member, defeated by the call of the don't respond thread.
My world is about to crumble, and my heroes are all swayed by the power of this thread.
No, I really do not think this. It's 1 o'clock in the morning, and I am rambling.
Thank the powers that be for cigarrettes to keep me from reading that thread.
A few beers help also.

S

sinner's girl

lol @ broomer.
guess i'm going to go ingore that post now...been gone a few days...had no idea what i've missed...
and no one can or should ingore the gaint sponge. It is a memory we should hold dear to our hearts or at least look back upon when we need a laugh.

Well , I just got an e-mail that said that you guys don't want me on that thread. So, this makes the temptation even worse. It also makes my dertemination not to look at the post even stronger.