ocellaris help

anaconda22

I have a pair of ocellaris clowns and I am now in search of the perfect host anenome. I know that carpets are the best way to go, but I have a fairly new tank (about 3 months now) and I hear they are difficult to keep. I am interested in a RBTA but Im not sure if it will host my clowns. What about LTA or any bubble tip? Any help is greatly appreciated.

anaconda22

I have 2 VHO (110W each) and a normal output (40W or 65W I'm not sure) for over 260W total on my 55g.
Biggiedraws, how long did you have your ocellaris in your tank before you got your RBTA?

viper_930

Originally posted by anaconda22
I have 2 VHO (110W each) and a normal output (40W or 65W I'm not sure) for over 260W total on my 55g.

IMO you have very little light when it comes to anemones. If you must, I'd say just go with an RBTA and feed it 3 times per week.

T

thomas712

My ocellaris are in my BTA's, been that way for years.
I think that might be enough light for you to have a BTA myself. Even at 220 watts of light you seem to have what is considered the min. lighting for condi or BTA. I would try to find a tank raised BTA, have plenty of live rock for it to climb.
I've seen others do it for less.
Thomas