Octopus HB 800S HOB Skimmer Questions

I was going to get the BH-2000 but since they were on backorder I ended up getting the HB-800S with the Sicce pump.
Now here are my questions...Stanlalee and others please chime in because I remmeber some of you guys talking about this specific skimmer ahile back but I couldn't find it.
After I put it on the tank and got the siphon going by getting the air out (and overflowing water onto my floor
) I have a few minor problems. Even with the ring around the base of the collection cup it still appears as the water and small bubbles want to cause a very slow overflow, if that makes any sense. This is between the collection cup and the walls of the middle chamber...there is a very small space between the two. Is this normal? Another problem I see if the hole between the middle chamber and return chamber has a constant stream of microbubbles going through that small hole in the wall causing them to be pumped into the display and that is quite aggravating.
What can I do to fix these 2 problems or is there anyway to adjust the flow of the pump? Give me some tips on this skimmer PLEASE! It looks like it will work well if I can get the kinks worked out.