Odyssea 2006 Model MH Lights

sea n life

hello well i have read this whole thread and i was going to buy the odyssea and everyone got me nervous so i bought the coralife mh fixture i just got it and WWWOOOOWWWWWWW its amazing like marine guy said whats a couple more hundred dollars to give you peace of mind when your at work your going to have a home to come home to

joebob7

Originally Posted by sea n life
hello well i have read this whole thread and i was going to buy the odyssea and everyone got me nervous so i bought the coralife mh fixture i just got it and WWWOOOOWWWWWWW its amazing like marine guy said whats a couple more hundred dollars to give you peace of mind when your at work your going to have a home to come home to
what size tank do you have? dimensions?
can u keep sps corals with it?
i might get one

W

winstew

I've had my 2006 model 48" 175Wx2 MH 96x2 PC for 11 months and the only problem I have had is the switch on the PC ballast is loose. I am ordering new bulbs for it this week. Any suggestions?

funkify360

I Purchased the 542 Watt 6 months ago. 3 months in and the fans burned
up. 2 weeks ago something in my ballast poped and now my moon bulbs dont work. Woke up this morning to a noisy ballast, like a high piched chattering noise. THIS IS RIDICULOUS PIECE OF JUNK!!!! The people across the street and also the lady that works at the local fish store, they bought the same one and thier fans are burned out and thier ballast is defected.
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! If you purchased one within the return policy RETURN IT. I cant beileve you are allowed to sell something like his....

funkify360

Originally Posted by xrobbx03
Has anyone had any experience with their new 2006 line of metal halide lights. I have heard of problems with the older models. Tryin to find out how their new 2006 ones are.

I Purchased the 542 Watt 6 months ago. 3 months in and the fans burned
up. 2 weeks ago something in my ballast poped and now my moon bulbs dont work. Woke up this morning to a noisy ballast, like a high piched chattering noise. THIS IS RIDICULOUS PIECE OF JUNK!!!! The people across the street and also the lady that works at the local fish store, they bought the same one and thier fans are burned out and thier ballast is defected.
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! If you purchased one within the return policy RETURN IT. I cant beileve you are allowed to sell something like this....

firebretha

Hey Guys,
Joined up so I could get in on this thread.
I am a bit lost considering I see the negative reviews of the odysea's lights, but everyone likes hommbys auctions that sell (from what it looks like) the same light?
if someone can make some sense of it for me, I would appreciate it!
btw, this is for a 24g nanocube, is there any issues downgrading the bulb to 150watts?

05xrunner

this is a GOOD light. Everyone is just going at it the wrong way.
You can buy the fixture without the ballast. then use your own. I had the coralvue ballast and i never had a problem. I also had 2 250 Phoenix 14k and I never once turned on the actinics since they are nto even needed and wast of elec.
After changing the bulbs. and getting new ballast my total cost was like 600bucks. thats $350 less then the same light made by coralife.
There also was alot of people retro fitting in T5's to replace crappy PC lights. I dont know why PC lights are even still in these.
I would buy another Odyssea light if i ever went with a hood again.