Oh my God what am I doing wrong?

cheyco

Help. It's been a while. I can't figure out how to get my overflow started again. I lost it. I have a 250? Drilled tank, both sides. How do I siphon my overflow to get it going again. It has the two holes on top of the elbow and the tubing attached on top. I've tried covering the holes and sucking on the tubing. I must be forgetting something very basic. Please help.

premilove

stick an airline tubing thru the pipe..make sure it is past the bend..suck in let the water come down, pinch the airline tubing, slightly pull the airline tubing to remaining air bubbles, after all air bubbles are gone, pinch tubing and pull out

cheyco

Run the air line tubing up through the bottom, under the tank where the hose ends or at the top where the elbow and siphon hose is?

wattsupdoc

Wait, these are drilled drains correct? They dont go up over the top and then down right? the actually pass through the glass in the tank RIGHT? You cant loose a syphon with these types of drains.

cheyco

You're right, I'm going to try to find the camera for a picture. I feel like I'm standing there starring at the obvious.

E

eric b 125

if this is a drilled tank, and you are not getting any drain, then i'm guessing your plumbing is being restricted by something. there is no siphon on drilled tanks, the water flows down the sides of the plumbing by way of surface tension. you may want to take things apart and see if there are any clogs.