Oh no! :(

cocoacf

Today I came home and noticed one of my clownfish wasn't swimming around. I thouhht it was odd because normally they are both out. I started checking for him and finally found him in the second chamber of my biocube! He was on top of the intake above the bioballs! No telling how long he had been there.... hadn't seen the lights on since last night.
I got him out and it looks like there's no damage done. He seems pretty spooked.. he's just swimming in one corner of the tank.. I noticed his face around his lips were really pale at first, but have gotten better now. I fed him a couple minutes after to reduce his stress as well, and he was eating.
Is there anything else I canshould do for the poor little fella :( ? He's pretty babyish, only a couple months old..

pezenfuego

If he's eating, then you're probably golden. If it were me, I would turn the lights off for the following day. The coral would be okay for a day without light and it would really help reduce stress for him.

life~reefer

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/2977055
If he's eating, then you're probably golden. If it were me, I would turn the lights off for the following day. The coral would be okay for a day without light and it would really help reduce stress for him.

cocoacf

All was not well as I had thought... He did lose a piece of the very end of his tail The clear part after the black stripe has a hemicircle shape missing... I guess the suction ripped it off since it was so thin... Will that grow back?

nitschke65

I don't know if your clown's fin will grow back, but I can recommend one of these.

I got one after loosing a fish in chamber 3
Good luck!

lmecher

Did it go through the surface skimmer slots? I had this happen with a small onyx, I found him laying on top of my filter pad. It was pretty dirty and had standing water on top. I eventaully lost the little guy. I have a new even smaller onyx. I covered the skimmer slots with a black plastic mesh I picked up at a craft store. It is working wonderfully. I covered the lower slots as well. I tacked it on with crazy glue. works for me.

bang guy

Originally Posted by Cocoacf
http:///forum/post/2979816
All was not well as I had thought... He did lose a piece of the very end of his tail The clear part after the black stripe has a hemicircle shape missing... I guess the suction ripped it off since it was so thin... Will that grow back?
If he's healthy, it will grow back faster than you could believe.