old timer..... new start.

R

reefnut2

I moderated on this site once apon a time... my tanks have been stored for years. I'm now setting up my dream tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
but I have been completly out for awhile.... what has changed?????
Is DSB still a debate??? I'm leaning tword no sand at all???
any help on the matter???
it will be a SPS tank

meowzer

YAYYYYY...more people are coming back.......what was your name "then"??
and there is ALWAYS something being debated...LOL

R

reefnut2

BTW.... This site has changed a LOt.... HOLLY CRAP... sorry lol but ............................

meowzer

For a while it seemed like it was changing daily too :( it's got some bugs, BUT we work thru them best we can

R

reefnut2

What DSB? Yeah man there are always bugs.... and I LOVE SAND BUGS but is it the best foe a sps aquarium?????????//// LOL

R

reefnut2

Nevermind I have to have sand cuz ..... I really do love the bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o... and the worms. lol,,, ok sand it is!!!!!
look at my threads on sand critters!!!!! its pretty cool!!! ......................... its under ReefNut.......................

R

reefnut2

right on brother!!!!! I'm geting a 120 or 180 on saturday... MY BIRTHDAY???? I have the calcium reactor... lol... thats about it. My old tank is being replaced!!! I just ordered a typhoon filter and a chiller.... anbd the little stuff.
What do you have going?

R

reefnut2

ok..... 120? 4x2xz2... 180 5x2x2?
anyway
2-250 HQIs
actinics
GEO reactor
EuroReef Skimmer
20-30g sump
40-50g refuge
Pumps for all..........
wavemaker........
What else????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

R

reefnut2

So I went with a 150g... 2-400w HQI MH
The rest is about what I was thinking!!

R

reefnut2

Well there is not much of anything in the tank yet... a lot of rock and snails and hermits. It's to new for most things right now except hair algae!!!!. I am having a hair algae issue... Most of my rock was from my old tank. I soaked it in fresh water for about a week and cooked it for about 4 weeks. It seems there is still nutrients coming from them fueling the algae???? Nitrates and Phosphates all read 0? I really think it will just cycle through the algae bloom!!

R

reefnut2

ok, here she is!!!!

I love the red wood so much too!!!!
My dream tank.... or as close as I was able to afford ...lol