OPINIONS NEEDED!!

meowzer

OK...I am not a good decision maker..LOL....SO here is what I am looking at.....when I am ready to add fish to the 28G I am buying 2 of the greenbanded gobies (decision made)
SWF can not get them,so I have to go elsewhere :(
For the 225G I have been contemplating adding a group of "something" these are now my choices (which one? more or less?)
3 Filament Wrasses (1 male-2 female)
3 Resplendent Anthias (1 male-2 female)
Filament Wrasse

Resplendent Anthias

gemmy

I say filament wrasse since I'm ordering the resplendent.

I changed my mind go for the resplendent.

meowzer

I was gonna say...That is a DUMB DUM DUm Dum DUMMMMM reason

You asked about this fish one day.....and I have NOT been able to stop looking at it

btldreef

Well, from personal experience, flasher wrasses are hard to get to form a harem. And many people can't tell the difference between the males and females (it's pretty obvious if you ask me with most of them) so if you're getting them shipped and you can't see them first, I don't know if I'd take the risk unless they can guarantee you.
I've been looking at the Resplendent's a lot. They seem to be one of the easier species of anthias. Then again, I said this about Lyretails and you had no luck.
I want so badly to see someone do a harem of flasher wrasses and it be successful, but it seems that most people don't have luck, so I'm going to vote for the anthias. I'd do at least 3 (one male, 2 females), but possible even do 5. This way, if you loose the male, you'll still have a dominant female to turn to male, etc.

meowzer

NIKE are you the one who picked something else....LOL LIKE the $250 FLAME WRASSE

and you can only get one fairy wrasse...isn't that right????

monsinour

I voted for the wrasse as I love my McCroskers and he flashes for me pretty often. It is more of a show of dominance in the tank rather than attempting to mate as he is the only wrasse in the tank. I have noticed that my wrasse eats whatever I put into the tank and still finds amphipods to snack on while 'hunting' in the tank.

nikesb

in a 225, i dont see a problem with even three different species of fairy wrasses. they do best in a harem IMO. i've got a supermale and female, and they're always swimming together. btw, i got them locally for 120$ for the pair >:] filament wrasses arent as colorful as other flasher wrasses. theres other nice fairy wrasses too thats alot cheaper.
how about a pair of leopard wrasses. theyre superb and eat flatworms. caution, 50% of leopard wrasses die in captivity, but those that make it are amazing!

nikesb

for flashers, i like bells flasher wrasse
for fairies
Pink Margin
Red Velvet
Lubbocks
these are some of the ones in the 50$ range

meowzer

LOL...I can't find the bells.....Not too crazy about the lubbock....pink margin is ok, and the red velvet looks more magenta to me

nikesb

meowzer, if you decide on the filaments, i may be able to get you a deal from my friend here in dallas.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeSB http:///forum/thread/384425/opinions-needed#post_3367590
meowzer, if you decide on the filaments, i may be able to get you a deal from my friend here in dallas.
OK....this is a tough decision...LOL...I have been looking at the filaments for a while, and then GEMMY posted a picture of the resplendent Anthias and I was like WOWWWWW
SO NOW I DO NOT KNOW