opinions on my tank of death

deejeff442

well i have been battleing some ich or what ever for 3 months now.
the fish are in my 225 dt almost at hypo water.
i still dont know what they have had for 3 months but it act like ich.
now my blue throat is on the bottom not breathing hard but for the last two days not eating.
my purple tank looks like he has almost a rot look on his top fin no white spots.
my foxface looks fine also my damsel is good.
my achilles and fowleri have white spots that look like ich again that are going away after 5 or 6 days now.
seems like there is more than one problem in there.
i am thinking of putting the achilles 8 in long ,purple,fowleri,foxface,damsel and hopefully the bluethroat in my 55 gallon ,the tank has the lr from the 225 in it for 8 weeks now and has 3 ph's heater and hob filter so it is cycled.
i will take out the lr .do you think this tank is big eneough for the fish?
i will make new 1.009 water and take some out of the tank they are in now.
i want tear down the 225 and 120 sump and clean it ,fill it back up and put the lr in there.
also can i dose antibiotic and do hypo at the same time?
if so what antibiotic should i use?

maryg

I've never done it. But I think that if you introduce chemicals/antibiotics into the tank then it will be stuck in the silicone and leech out later and kill any inverts and stuff. I dunno.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post some pictures of these fish? What are the are your tank specs, water readings?

deejeff442

i have tried to take clear pics but they dont come out .
i dont know how you guys get such nice pics.
the water has no trace of anything .
its tests perfect.
i could try again with the pics.

al mc

Originally Posted by deejeff442
http:///forum/post/3087409
well i have been battleing some ich or what ever for 3 months now.
the fish are in my 225 dt almost at hypo water.
i still dont know what they have had for 3 months but it act like ich.
now my blue throat is on the bottom not breathing hard but for the last two days not eating.
my purple tank looks like he has almost a rot look on his top fin no white spots.
my foxface looks fine also my damsel is good.
my achilles and fowleri have white spots that look like ich again that are going away after 5 or 6 days now.
seems like there is more than one problem in there.
i am thinking of putting the achilles 8 in long ,purple,fowleri,foxface,damsel and hopefully the bluethroat in my 55 gallon ,the tank has the lr from the 225 in it for 8 weeks now and has 3 ph's heater and hob filter so it is cycled.
i will take out the lr .do you think this tank is big eneough for the fish?
i will make new 1.009 water and take some out of the tank they are in now.
i want tear down the 225 and 120 sump and clean it ,fill it back up and put the lr in there.
also can i dose antibiotic and do hypo at the same time?
if so what antibiotic should i use?
Sorry about all your trouble.
QT/HT: Even though it is cycled I would have plenty of similar SG/pH water on hand along with some Amquel plus. You may get an ammonia spike when you put the fish in the 55g. As Beth mentioned, can you post a picture. I have seen one on the other Ich thread you started but do you have recent ones? When I was performing hyposalinity on a puffer a couple years back it appeared to have 'fin rot' at the same time I was treating what I suspected was Ick. I used 'Rally' and the situation stabilized. That is my experience with hypo and the addition of another medication at the same time.
I would wait for a couple other opinions/experiences before dumping something in a hypo tank.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a digital camera? You can't take pictures of tanks with a digital.
Do you have a refractometer to ensure accurate readings during hypo?

deejeff442

yea it is a digital ,see ya learn something everyday.
yes i have a refractor and just checked the calibration yesterday and its right on.
what kind of camera do i need ?
only know of digital and film is there another kind?
isnt a cell phome camera digital?i have seen good pics here on those.
i just did the last water change for the hypo it should be about 1.008-1.009 but i will check in the morning again.
i did retest the water everything is at zero except the nitrates they are 20
that was before the water change
ph is at 8.4.
my bluethroat dont look like he is going to make it.he has no signs of anything wrong no spots or rot or anything.
the other fish just ate up some nori no problem.
i have lost more fish in the last 3 months than i have in the last 15 yrs.
this sucks.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Be sure that as you lower the salinity, you do so in a manner that is not stressful to fish. It is better to do less water, but more frequent changes, rather than big water changes.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yes you can put antibiotics in a hospital tank, not a display tank. Maracyn Two for SW fish.