pagoda cup issues.....

clarkiiboi

Well I have had mine for close to a year, but about 2-3 months ago I noticed a hole forming on the fleshy part. Well it has gotten worse, but it still extends. What can I do, if anything. I was very careful not to touch that part and to handle it from underneath (per LFS advise), but I may have unknowingly. Can a dip stop this deterioration (sp) or is it doomed? Thanks so much for any info.

yosemite sam

Where is the hole forming? I had a small hole form a few times when gunk would get trapped inside the cup, but it always grew back.

clarkiiboi

The hole I saw months ago was on the fleshy top part where the polyps are. It looked as though the flesh covering was deteriorating (sp). Now it has lost its fleshy covering over 1/4 of the coral. The polyps still extend though, but the flesh that surrounded them are gone.

stuckinfla

Same happened to mine....This is how it happened. FIrst I added MH....cup was to close. Then over a period of 2 wks, temp fluctuate(sp) 4-5 degrees(had not installed fan). That is when I noticed mine receding. I have since moved it to a more stable environment, receding has stopped, and all surviving polyps still extending(has not gotten worse in the past month and a half). Could any of these be a factor in your case?

chinnyr

I'm tagging along because mine has an apparent small hole in it too.I think something actually is living in it because I will see some sort of waste being expelled every now and again.I have done searches on the internet for reasons to the cause,and most instances the descriptions say it is fatal.But,the hole has not grown in size,and I have not actually seen anything moving in the hole.I think if something "bored" itnto it,it would show more signs of distress.:thinking:

clarkiiboi

No I dont think those are a factor. I am definate there is nothing eating at it. Could accidentaly touching the top (flesh) cause it to deteriorate? If so that is what I think happened, it all started after a rearrangement of the rocks and corals. Thanks for the help.