Party Affiliation

roadie996

I've noticed that politics are quite big here, and with so many views I guess it would be nice to know who's with what party.
PLEASE keep it just as that, try to keep from debating, bickering, argueing, etc... Just try not to start a flame war!

Just post your party affiliations if you want to
(I hope this stays sane!)
I am a registered democrat

reefraff

I am a registered Democrat just to let them waste time and money sending me their campaign materials.

There is no party that really represents my views since the Reform party went away.
If I had to declare a party I would say Republitarian, believe in the small government aspect both the Republicans and Libertarians profess to support but think the Pubs push social agendas too hard and the libertarians try to take away too much government. If both parties would meet somewhere in the middle of the two platforms I would probably be there waiting for them.

meowzer

I am a registered Republican....although I would vote for another party if I felt that person could do the job better

caspervtx

Originally Posted by roadie996
http:///forum/post/3105832
I've noticed that politics are quite big here, and with so many views I guess it would be nice to know who's with what party.
PLEASE keep it just as that, try to keep from debating, bickering, argueing, etc... Just try not to start a flame war!

Just post your party affiliations if you want to
(I hope this stays sane!)
I am a registered democrat
Registered Republican but Libertarian by belief

U

usirchchris

Libertarian, but GOP gets my vote.
Edit: not blindly, if a reputable dem stepped up I would consider, but it would take more convincing then it would from a republican.

nattybug33

While everyone argues over what party affiliation is pissing on the other, we are losing our rights. Once they are gone, we can never get them back.
Well it's amazing to me that when you put "FREE" on something, no matter what it is, you have people just grabbing and grabbing. Here in the south we have a saying "Never look a gift horse in the mouth". That means that "Free" horse is probably old and sickly underneath that all the free.
On another note, being the President of the United States should be the easiest job of all, you have a powerful blueprint to go by called THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA. It lays the law of the land out very plainly. This document protects our inalienable rights. And for those of you who do not know what inalienable means: absolute, unwavering. Without this document we are slaves.
The founding fathers of this country, knew first hand the kind of tyranny would tear this nation apart, so they created the Bill Rights so WE THE PEOPLE could have control. WE THE PEOPLE have become blind and deaf to the events that are slowing enslaving us.
Please read these wonderful quotes by my hero Thomas Jefferson:
1)A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference.
2)A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
3)All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent
4)Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.
5)Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories
6)I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
7)My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
8)Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence.
9)The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
10)A government big enough to supply you with everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by nattybug33
http:///forum/post/3106073
Here in the south we have a saying "Never look a gift horse in the mouth". That means that "Free" horse is probably old and sickly underneath that all the free.
[/B]
I never knew what that meant...people have said it to me, and I have asked what it means...they pause, and say..."You know I don't really know". Makes total sense! Can't wait to show off my newly found smarts tomorrow

nattybug33

Originally Posted by usirchchris
http:///forum/post/3106076
I never knew what that meant...people have said it to me, and I have asked what it means...they pause, and say..."You know I don't really know". Makes total sense! Can't wait to show off my newly found smarts tomorrow

Well your very welcome, you look at horse's teeth to tell the health and age.

uneverno

Independant.
Or maybe Incontinent.
Political attitude (because there is no such party)?
Jeffersonian Liberal.

jackri

Both make me mad.
I'm stopping there before I vent. Gov't should provide "basics" like nat'l defense and ensure people's rights. Other than that where is it written you are guarenteed anything in life or deserve anything if you're lazy?
I believe in a capitalist system -- oh yeah I was stopping before I vented :)

nattybug33

Originally Posted by jackri
http:///forum/post/3106091
Both make me mad.
I'm stopping there before I vent. Gov't should provide "basics" like nat'l defense and ensure people's rights. Other than that where is it written you are guarenteed anything in life or deserve anything if you're lazy?
I believe in a capitalist system -- oh yeah I was stopping before I vented :)
Thank you for saying that.

reefraff

Originally Posted by nattybug33
http:///forum/post/3106073
While everyone argues over what party affiliation is pissing on the other, we are losing our rights. Once they are gone, we can never get them back.
Well it's amazing to me that when you put "FREE" on something, no matter what it is, you have people just grabbing and grabbing. Here in the south we have a saying "Never look a gift horse in the mouth". That means that "Free" horse is probably old and sickly underneath that all the free.
On another note, being the President of the United States should be the easiest job of all, you have a powerful blueprint to go by called THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA. It lays the law of the land out very plainly. This document protects our inalienable rights. And for those of you who do not know what inalienable means: absolute, unwavering. Without this document we are slaves.
The founding fathers of this country, knew first hand the kind of tyranny would tear this nation apart, so they created the Bill Rights so WE THE PEOPLE could have control. WE THE PEOPLE have become blind and deaf to the events that are slowing enslaving us.
Please read these wonderful quotes by my hero Thomas Jefferson:
1)A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference.
2)A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
3)All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent
4)Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.
5)Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories
6)I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
7)My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
8)Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence.
9)The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
10)A government big enough to supply you with everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.

Hard to believe the Democrats hold Jefferson up as the founder of their party. And I don't mean that as a slam either. Just they have drifted very far from a lot of the philosophy of Jefferson.

nattybug33

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3106125
Hard to believe the Democrats hold Jefferson up as the founder of their party. And I don't mean that as a slam either. Just they have drifted very far from a lot of the philosophy of Jefferson.
Many things in this country have drifted from Jefferson's philosophies, and this nation will fall if they don't see the light.

mantisman51

Independent. Theodore Roosevelt Republican. "Unfetered free enterprise is the enslavement of the masses by the powerful". Rush Limbaugh HATES T.R. That's why I love him.

reefraff

Originally Posted by mantisman51
http:///forum/post/3106143
Independent. Theodore Roosevelt Republican. "Unfetered free enterprise is the enslavement of the masses by the powerful". Rush Limbaugh HATES T.R. That's why I love him.
George W Bush was a TR Republican

mantisman51

I would disagree. TR fought the big banks-the J P Morgan showdown being a prime example and he started the anti-trust laws to break up the monmopolies in banking and industry that was keeping all but the wealthy elite dirt poor. GW and the Reps evicerated 100 years of banking reform in the name of competition, basically giving monopolistic power back to the banks. One thing the Democratics
are doing, that the Republicans are trying to block, is seperate industrial/banking empires, like GE. No, GW was for deregulation of banking and industry at any and all cost-thus the financial meltdown. Teddy was for free-market within the limits of anti-trust protections of the federal govt.