Phosban reactors worth it?

coorsxman

I have a 240 gal reef new to the reef part of it im getting alot of hair alge on rocks and im wondering if a Phosban reactors is worth buying also if i can put it in my refuium .. i do have a skimme in there can i put it before or after the skimmer and it wont hurt my reef will it?

scsinet

No, they won't hurt your reef. It shouldn't matter where you put them in the filtration process.
Will hey help? I run them just to remove trace amounts of phosphates as they are added by food, but if you've got an algae control problem, you may want to look at obvious causes such as overfeeding, phosphates in your salt and source water, etc.
THe media for phosphate reactors can get very expensive, so you want to minimize phosphates through other means before relying on one of these reactors to shoulder the entire workload.

05xrunner

for the price of them..I dont see how it wouldnt hurt..I mean the Phosban reactor is like 35bucks..also the media if you dont have a LARGE tank wont break the bank...I dont have one but I use RODI water and dont feed to much..i might get one anyway though.
My buddy says he doesnt need one and tries to argue with me that he has no phosphates yet he uses tap water. His fuge is over run with GHA as well to the point of smothering the cheato