Pistol shrimp

renogaw

this little bugger is ticking me off LOL with the sand moving. i THINK he's finally done though--he moved all the sand out from under a rock and lined the entrance with shells and rubble rock like a wall.
gonna try to get a picture of him, but it was amazing to see him/her/it building a wall...

bullyfish

LOL...I thought the same thing with my Pistol Shrimp. He NEVER stops digging! He will move all the sand from one side of the tank and then 3 or 4 days later he will move it all back to the same place he started.
It has been a never ending cycle since we got him 3 months ago.
I also had some Zoo Frags that fell off the rock and the Pistol Shrimp got them and dragged them down into his cave! I think he's decorating.
While annoying at times, the pistol shrimp/Goby relationship sure is a joy to watch!
Good luck with yours!

quaos

Mines the same way, its ridiculous. I like watching him and he's quite a bit of fun to watch. Does make me mad when the corals on my sandbed are messed up. They are a lot of fun though.

renogaw

well, he took all the sand he moved out of the way, and pushed it all back in over the wall he made. and now, he's taking the sand from the back of the tank and pushing it out a hole in some LR. i have bare glass in a lot of spaces from this guy