Pix of my 150 FOWLR

jasony

hey, here is my tank that divides my kitchen and dining room.. its still pretty new (up for about 4 months).. i was a complete saltwater noob until i started this tank..im still early on in my learning.
4 damsels
2 clowns
1 humu trigger
1 foxface
assorted inverts
150 lbs of home depot quikcrete sand !
comments, suggestions? i know i need alot more live rock...
currently battling green algae cause tank is rite near direct sunlite

S

surfinusa

that huma is actually a bursa trigger, and i would add some more rock but it is an wonderful tank

jasony

thanks!
the lfs guy told me it was an undulatinous trigger.. i didnt believe him... i them searched around the net lookin for a picture.. th ehumu humu was the closest... but im glad to finally find out the true species.

jasony

how do i successfully prevent green algae growth.. the tank is right next to a patio sliding door with direct sunlight daily...

jasony

nah i understand.. i checked the silicates.. everything was fine (1 week ago).. will check again this monday. :)
any ideas on how i can prevent algae due to direct sunlite?

katiev

Curtains? That's the only thing I think will fix the sit-chee-ation.
Cool pictures -- it's awesome how the fish look like they're floating freely through the air (when I located the foxface in the pic, it kind of startled me!). :)

vincentio18

very nice tank i would love to do a room dividing tank i just have no where to put one
and are you planning on adding more rock

add about 150-250 lbs of LR. My suggestion about the algae and sunlight would be to block it. Whether it be curtains or whatever. I think that is about the only option.
Beautiful set up.

jasony

thanks.. i really appreciate it... its amazing at how clear everything is when just last week or so the tank looked like a mudbath !
it sux that im rite near a patio entryway and thus sunlite all day long..
would a better cleanup crew do anything for me? rite now i just have a bunch of small hermits (less than twenty tho)
would some snails, slugs and more hermits help?
i plan on adding about 100 lbs more live rock over some time (7.99 per lb is killing me! lol)
also want t o add one more fish.. i guess something with some red in it as its primary color... i guess some sort of angel fish?

larryndana

awesome set up, tank looks good....congrats.
Like stated, get some blinds or something.
yeah, lr is expensive....but you can cut that cost down by buying online. i cut my lfs cost in half by buying online.
a flame angel would be a good choice after more rock.

ghettotang

Nice tank. Yeah I agree with larryndana that buying LR online is much cheaper than buying at the LFS. Try google the word "live rock" and you should find a web site that saved you money if you planning on adding 100 lbs. of LR.
Good Luck.

Jay

scotty37

What is the length of this tank (distance out from the wall). I am thinking of buying a tank that has a canopy built to be set up like this one. Thanks

azfishgal

I bought 100 lbs of live rock from this site and paid half of what I would have at my lfs. It was great rock with LOTS of purple coraline.

Nice tank btw!

And I ditto the blinds on your windows. I'v lived in my house for 6 1/2 years and never had blinds on my slider, but when I got my 125 tank, it went into the dinning room and buying blinds was a must as the winter sun hits the tank every day. So it forced me to get the blinds.