pj cardinal

zap800

i just got a pj cardinal and i was wondering if he would like a buddy or do tend to be solitary fish? im planning on getting 2 false percs next week. so they will be my highlights of my tank.

tervman

Interesting....I got the same combo for Father's Day - the Percs were for me, and the PJ's were for my wife. We got a pair of each, but the cardinals don't really seem to hang around together that much - at least not like the clowns and the Green Chromis I have. That's not to say they don't enjoy each others company, but they seem to want to do their own thing.

tervman

Originally posted by Bang Guy
Careful with pairing PJs. You need a male & female.

Oops....any way to tell what we have? They have been in the tank for 2 weeks, with no signs of agression. Am I lucky, or do I have nasty things to look foward to?

bang guy

I don't think they'll kill each other like Banggai but don't expect two males to mingle. I have no idea how to tell them apart except for when the male is holding eggs.

zap800

there we go i was hopeing you would see this bang. i know you deal with other types of cardinals but i thought you were about the best to answer this. i have a comprehensive book on marine fish. the book doesnt have anything on --- of these fish. all it has is unknown. i got the one just to be safe but i couldnt tell by the size,shape, or color of witch is witch. here is a pic of my little guy...or do i mean girl.....or do i mean......shim.....hell for i know they could be like clown fish and change --- lol. anyone......anyone.......buler........buler.............

bang guy

If you can find a LFS that's willing you can buy 4 and wait for a pair to develop and then remove the other two.