Please Help!!! Trapped Fish!!!

:help:
PLEASE HELP! I came home after work this afternoon and could not find my bi-color dottyback. Well after frantically searching, I discovered him in the powerhead portion of my 14 gallon biocube. I can't get at him to get him out, and I have dang near torn the back of the biocube apart! I also tried adding alot of water to bring the levels between the back and the main tank closer together in hopes that he might jump back over himself.
Does anybody have any suggestions for getting him out? I don't think that he will last long back there. I

I tried, however, the powerhead chamber on the biocube is extremely small and I can't get my arm in deep enough to get at him. There is also a small space under the place where the sponge and filtered return is at that the dang fish keeps squeezing into to hide!

B

bkneeland

how big an area is it, is there anything you could use to suck him out

Don't know the specs exactly, but it is probably about 4"x3" or so. I tried using a turkey baster to attemp to suck him out, but I can't get at him. Any ideas on luring him out? Would hate to have to go "fishing" for my dottyback, but I am running out of ideas!

B

bkneeland

is the area big enough for a net or some sort of slotted spoon.....does he seem hurt

bonebrake

Take the pump out and convince a slender handed woman or a small child to grab him and pull him out or go to the pet store and buy a brine shrimp net; it is like 3" x 3" to catch him.

adairable

As a biocube owner and a woman i know the small size of those back chambers! what a pain!!!!
Hope all goes well and good luck! Keep us updated!!! ***)

Still can't get him out!!! I've tried using my brine shrimp net, but I am going to have to find a smaller one. I'm trying to coax him up with food, but it is not going so well. He doesn't appear to be hurt, I just don't know how good it would be for him to stay back there much longer.

Per DeMartini's advice...I am going to try to find some bigger tubing tomorrow and try to siphon him out. Throwing in the towl for tonight!

B

bkneeland

sounds like a good idea.....i am near kearney, are there any good fish stores around your area?

There are a couple...I don't know that they are all that good, but it's all we have. Two in the Omaha area that I know of and one here in Bellevue.

B

bkneeland

what are the names of the stores, i am going to omaha today and would like to check them out.

There is Petland on 120th and West Center, there is Pet World in Millard,(5323 S 139th plz), and Paradise Cove Pets, (2201 Thurston Cir) off of Fort Crook Rd. in Bellevue. I'll probably be heading over to Petland to find something to trap this dang dottback with at lunch!

B

bkneeland

Thanks for the info. there isnt much out here, there is one that is good in Lincoln, on 48th st. The Fish Store.