Please need help picking buddy for large Foxface..

reefchik86

Hello every one, I need some help! Last week I bought a beautiful 7" Foxface for my 150 gallon. He is the only fish in there as of right now and I would really like to get him a swimming buddy. I'm having a VERY hard time figuring out what would work out best for him
. I would really like a fish that will help get the Foxface out swimming more. Does any one have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate
Thank you all very much.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefChik86 http:///t/395551/please-need-help-picking-buddy-for-large-foxface#post_3521856
Hello every one, I need some help! Last week I bought a beautiful 7" Foxface for my 150 gallon. He is the only fish in there as of right now and I would really like to get him a swimming buddy. I'm having a VERY hard time figuring out what would work out best for him
. I would really like a fish that will help get the Foxface out swimming more. Does any one have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate
Thank you all very much.
Hi and Welcome!!
IDK if it is the best fit... But, I have a small school of blue/green reef chromis (5) that really help get all the fish out and swimming in my 125g.
Tangs can also be a nice fit.
How long has your tank been up and running?? Is this a new setup?? What kind of filtration do you have?

mjtech12

Hi,
Wow he's a biggin 7 in foxfaces get along with mostly everyone I have one and his first buddy was a large yellow tang then I added 2 heniochas butterflys and they all get along the problem I have is that the tang is real aggressive and adding other fish after the tang will result in aggressive behavior twords others added afterwards, angels need precise water parameters so I would add some butterflys like I said I added 2 but with that butterfly they recommend in 3's or more cause they are aggressive twords each other do a lot of research get books on marine fish ask a lot of questions and don't worry he wont be lonely to long

dilan

I have a one spot very cool fish he will come out eventually mine came out in a week after putting him in he hangs out either ev2 firefishs I have it is quite funny because he is huge conpared to him hopes this helps

S

siptang

tangs would be great addition to any large tank. They are always out in the front swimming and and rarely shy away from food.

geridoc

If you do go with tangs, be sure to feed nori and other nutritive greens frequently. Both the foxface and the tangs consume vast amounts of algae, and you may not be able to grow enough in the display to satisfy them.

fst4wrd

My foxface likes to swim around with my dogface and goldstripe maroon clowns, my triggers swim around to fast, so he really wont follow them.

reefchik86

Hello, I have had my 150 gallon running for eight months now with a 55 gallon sump with a 220 super skimmer. I picked up seven blue green chromis today at the LFS and to my enjoyment they brought my foxface right out swimming around like he owns the place lol. Thank you all very much for your comments it was all very helpful!
I am looking into getting a Chevron Tang next, I have heard a lot how good they are with Foxfaces an movement for the tank. Thank you every one again for all the help!!

spongeycrab

Chevrons get pretty ugly when they grow up.

Also for other fish suggestions no tank is really complete without atleast one goby or blenny.
A goby pistol shrimp pair would be nice.
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PEzzYUEbsi4[/VIDEO]

dmanatee

In my tank, my foxface has paired up with my copper banded butterfly, When one moves across the tank the other, follows. its so cute to see "the odd couple" as I call them.

mjtech12

Foxfaces are communal fish they love company otherwise they hide i'm glad you went with the chromis I have a few also but they are really funny when you have a bunch other fish just take it slow and add more fish slowly and soon you will have a great tank