Post a pic of your nano

R

reefernana

You must have younger eyes..........lol! I hate to say it but 9 is way too many for a 29g biocube. Usually 4 or 5 is the max. One inch of fish per 5 gal is kind of a guideline. And with at least 25-30 lbs of rock, there is probably only 24-25 gal of water so therefore the 4-5 fish. That's 4-5 at adult size fish on top of it. Anyway, I hope you have a a big CUC. It's still very colorful though, looks great!

rdannon331

Thanks Guys and Yes you count 9. I am gonna take out a couple fish and put them in a larger tank, just havent decided which ones yet.

The Red Coris only comes out from under the sand to eat and spends about 15 minutes or so swimming around..
Would I have to count that towards one of my fish... if so, he'll be the first out cause theres no sense in losing room over a fish you hardly see.
Also, when I bought the Red Coris I was told he was reef safe. A couple places Ive looked online say hes reef safe too. Another LFS told me the other day that they ARE NOT REEF SAFE!!!
Why cant I ever get a STRAIGHT answer?!?!?!

So far he hasnt messed with anything but lets see what happens.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by rdannon331
Here is a more recent pic of my 29 Biocube.
Its pretty much stocked to its max.
Now I will just sit back and watch things grow... Hopefully.
Im working on setting up a LARGE tank in the living room. So until then...

Do you have the stock lighting on the tank?

perfectdark

Originally Posted by rdannon331
PerfectDark:: Yes I do.

What type of clam is that? Is it a crocea clam?
And if I am seeing this correctly you have an anemone in there? If so its very bleached....just an FYI...

mymonkeys

my husband's had this for over a year, so here's one of the pics i took. we have so much stuff growing on it that we never even bought, or knew about until they got bigger.
i've never posted anything so i hope this works. not the most current photo since he always has to move coral around.

rdannon331

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
What type of clam is that? Is it a crocea clam?
And if I am seeing this correctly you have an anemone in there? If so its very bleached....just an FYI...

I believe it is the crocea clam... its the one they sell everywhere the blue and purple ones...
and that is an anemone.. green one. It may be the lighting from the picture that makes it look bleached but in the tank its pretty green... i think
The color hasnt changed since I bought it about a month ago.. the only difference is when I bought it, it was very bubbly.. the tentacles were more rounded.. thats why I bought it. but since I put it in the tank, its no longer bubbly.. the tentacles are longer and thinner???
Is this a bubble or an LT??? Either way my clowns love it

peef

My BTA is the same way. It is quite iradescent green and healthy looking, but there havn't been "bubbles" on it for awhile. It extendes the tentacles is growing everything it should do normally but no bubble tips anymore?!?! Whats up?

perfectdark

It is a bubble tip anemone, and non bubbling tips are no indication of an unhealthy anem. Its really not known why some species bubble and some dont, although there is a theory supported by some, myself included, that BTA's will bubble as a defense mechanism.
Another point as an FYI, the green you see that in your anemone is a color flouesced by your actinic lighting. It is not a natural color of the anem, in fact zooxanthellea is brown and your animal should have that coloration throught out its body to its base and its foot. Lack of this brownish color is a bleached specimine.
Crocea clams have an extremly high light requirement, the normal PC lighting that comes with these cubes are def not enough to sustain them long term. The fact that you didnt know what specific type of clam it was only makes me think you dont know too much about them, and you are relying on the advise of your LFS which IMO in a lot of cases is wrong. And in this instance seems to be evidence of this if they told you that the clam would do ok in your tank and that anemone was healthy. Again not flaming you just want to inform you so that these animals dont suffer in an environment not sutible for them.

peef

Yeah my nem, has loads of brown coloration, just green throughout the tips. Thanks as always for the great info PD!!!

madtownman

Here is my biocube 29. I have added an extra powerhead, and have the sapphire skimmer to replace the bioballs on its way. I put that filter on the bottom of the powerhead because i just did some aqua-scaping.
Im wondering if they have anything good/bad to say about it. It is the bc29r. I am also looking at the lighting upgrade, but am wondering what some of you have done... What combinations and options... Any help would be GREAT!!... as i am a newbie

perfectdark

Very nice and unique looking set up I like it
...Just one note about your plants you add to the DT. Plants use oxygen in your system and when the lights are off the oxygen that they use isnt replaced by photosynthesis allowing for your PH to drop significantly at night. This makes your day to night swing in Ph substantial and may create problems. In general some plants in your aquarium arent a problem but they can spread quickly and this is when it can be an issue.

madtownman

Thanks dark... I will definately make sure they dont spread and get out of control... I just got the shaving brush yesterday, so i will see how it goes. If it does start to make a change at night, i will take some of it out. I didnt really put those two together. Thought i did some good research, but i guess not good enough. Any answers for the other questions??...bout the skimmer or lights?

peef

On my 24NC I have a 150w MH and I LOVE it. Worth the money 10x over. Not sure about the skimmer though, bioballs are smart to remove though in the long run! I love the setup, nice looking tank!

ccfl

Originally Posted by Debbie
Can you list what corals you have in that tank??
Also what size of tank is that ??

It's a 14 gallon with:
Xenia, Hairy Mushrooms, Ricordea, Zoo's, Torch, Frogspawn, Red Spotted Green Mushrooms, Red Mushrooms, Star polys, Coco Worm
Everyone's tanks look GREAT!!!