post pics of tangs in tanks around 125 gallons

kjord97

here is my 125gal i got 1 yellow 1 sailfin 1 hippo 1 bannerfish i have not got a chance to get the hippo in same pic as other 2 yet. also i had no idea you could have a foxface in a reef tank. what the requirements for them.

jumpfrog

Foxfaces are reef safe and are great at picking out algea. Grazes probably better than the tang. Only precaution is understanding that their dorsal fins are venemous, but they're use for defense only. I think they're great reef citizens.

kjord97

Originally Posted by milomlo
Man Kjord - your sand is clean

you can look at the last pic and talk to my maroons about the clean sand :jumping: i think both of them put together about every 2 days i have to level everything out or else there is big holes down to the glass in 5 inches of sand. plus i got 8 red foot snails and 2 sand stars and lots of hermits my goby does alot of sand moving also

fedukeford

nice pics :joy: , i was considering the only tang i was gonna put in it to be a atlantic tang, but now ive been reading that they have a REALLY bad survival rate, so im porbley just going to havce a kole tang, mabey a yellow tang too, if i was to get a antlantic blue, i would also get a kole, how does that sound??