Potters Angel

I am looking for an out of the ordinary fish for my 65 tank and decided I need some color. Has anyone ever had a Potter's Angelfish or have any info about them?

T

thomas712

Centropyge Potteri and in my opinion a very beautiful fish. However they do not seem to be long lived, I have known a couple people who have kept them, but never long term. The simply seem to be a more touchy type of fish. Also from reading about others experience with them they seem to have the same problem, just one of those fish that don't seem to do well in captivity.
Thomas

nm reef

Most information I've seen supports the statements above...they tend to be difficult to keep lon term. I don't know why...but I do know I've read lots of threads about problems keeping them.

Nuts I found a great price on one too. No i am trying to find a bright fish, CBs are too dark. Maybe a Flame but they are kinda overdone. Will a harlequin tuskfish eat hermit crabs?

mattk

I recently had a potter's angel become ill and die in the span of 2 days after 4 weeks of robust eating and overall healthy behavior. I bought it without researching it first. I don't think I would try it unless you are willing to quarantine and your tank is very well established with lots of rock.
I beleive this fish is a good example of a very beautiul animal usually offered at a moderate price that really shouldn't be offered as frequently as it is.
Matt