Powder blue tang

juniors04

Hes gonna be with a yellow tang, Vlamingi Tang, Tomini Tang, and Blue Tang. My Yellow Tang concerns me a little he can be very aggressive at times. How do these Powder Blues do with copper?

srfisher17

Originally Posted by juniors04
http:///forum/post/3258679
So im guessing nobody has a Powder blue tang? Not to much response on this topic.
IMO & IME:beautiful fish, often needs to be the alpha fish, easy to keep and feed (once acclimated), may be a problem with other tangs- even in a big tank. Mine is very aggressive, but the pecking order has been established and he gets along well with other fairly tough fish. I use always copper and a de-wormer in QT and it shouldn't be a problem for you. I strongly suggest SeaChem Cupramine and a SC copper test kit. PBTs are not on SeaChem's list of fish to avoid when using copper. Again; IMO & IME, I think these fish are quite easy when kept in a large, clean tank with the proper diet. If your other tangs are doing well, a PBT should be fine. I'd expect some early squabbling and it may not work at all; and you'll have to decide on introducing a small one (which will get picked on) or a larger one ,which may decide he is in charge.

Hey there
I bought a PBT about 3 months ago ad he's doing great. I got him when he was about 3 inches long. He really is not too aggressive towards my other fish. I have a Koran Angel, 2 Ocellaris Clowns, 2 damsels and a Panther Grouper in my 160G tank. They eat like hogs and are happy go lucky.
The PBT is susceptible to ich. When I got him, he developed 3 or 4 ich looking white spots but luckly they vanished due to my great husbandry practices. I'm damn good!

srfisher17

I'm glad the ich disappeared. But; IMO & IME, over time, a QT beats "damn good" every time. BTW, how long have you had the grouper? I'm surprised he hasn't dined on the clowns and damsels yet.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by tannersmith200
http:///forum/post/3260339
Hey there
I bought a PBT about 3 months ago ad he's doing great. I got him when he was about 3 inches long. He really is not too aggressive towards my other fish. I have a Koran Angel, 2 Ocellaris Clowns, 2 damsels and a Panther Grouper in my 160G tank. They eat like hogs and are happy go lucky.
The PBT is susceptible to ich. When I got him, he developed 3 or 4 ich looking white spots but luckly they vanished due to my great husbandry practices. I'm damn good!

I'm glad the ich disappeared. But; IMO & IME, over time, a QT beats "damn good" every time. BTW, how long have you had the grouper? I'm surprised he hasn't dined on the clowns and damsels yet.

R

rcreations

I had a Powder Blue Tang for a couple of years. Very agressive fish but otherwise an interesting and active tang. I had to sell it finally because it was harassing all my other fish and it just wasn't worth the hassle. But over the 2 years, I never had any health problems with it. Of course I QT it first and ran hypo.

crypt keeper

I had for a fe wmonths before I sold my entire set up. They are awesome fish. Gorgeous and very active. Mine loved mysis shrimp.

juniors04

Thanks for all the responses guys. My PB is doing great! Hes eating formula 1 flake, formula 2 flake, green seaweed, and Mysis. He's responding well to the copper. Im using copper safe. His color is brilliant! I hope I can keep him for a while.

juniors04

Originally Posted by srfisher17
http:///forum/post/3259580
IMO & IME:beautiful fish, often needs to be the alpha fish, easy to keep and feed (once acclimated), may be a problem with other tangs- even in a big tank. Mine is very aggressive, but the pecking order has been established and he gets along well with other fairly tough fish. I use always copper and a de-wormer in QT and it shouldn't be a problem for you. I strongly suggest SeaChem Cupramine and a SC copper test kit. PBTs are not on SeaChem's list of fish to avoid when using copper. Again; IMO & IME, I think these fish are quite easy when kept in a large, clean tank with the proper diet. If your other tangs are doing well, a PBT should be fine. I'd expect some early squabbling and it may not work at all; and you'll have to decide on introducing a small one (which will get picked on) or a larger one ,which may decide he is in charge.
Hey hows your Tusk doing? Mine is doing great! Ive had him for 16 months now but hasnt grown very much.

Originally Posted by srfisher17
http:///forum/post/3260362
My PB was in a QT that's why I am damn good...
I have had him for about 6 months. He's about 4 inches long. He is about to go into my brother 400g tank with the big fish.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by juniors04
http:///forum/post/3260470
Hey hows your Tusk doing? Mine is doing great! Ive had him for 16 months now but hasnt grown very much.
Mine are doing great, one is even finger-fed; very tame for a tusk. You're right, they are slow-growers.

browniebuck

I have had mine since February....it is in with my lavender tang, flagfin angel, longnose butterfly, 2 orange lyretail anthias, ocellaris clown, 2 firesifh, half black angel, mandarin, and midas blenny....he was in QT for 3 weeks (couldn't keep him in the QT any longer...it was driving my wife nuts). He is VERY healthy, has thickened up quite a bit, there was a bit of chest thumping between him and the lavender, but they are regularly swimming side by side now.
Mine LOVES my home-made frozen food...scallops, shrimp, oysters, mussels, cod loin, algae, and garlic.