power cutoff

daftboy

So i guess all i should run is my PH. .Only thing is i have a vortech mp10 so im not.sure how long that will last...should i find a air stone that battery powered..i guess i should find a battery powered fan too.

S

saxman

We lost power for 72 hrs once due to a blown transformer and we ran 13 setups on battery-op air pumps. They're a bit noisy, but they've worked fine for several years. We even "double-up" some setups to run on a single pump. We don't use airstones...just open-ended rigid airline. it works fine for surface turbulance and doesn't put as much strain on the pump diaphragm.
HTH

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman http:///forum/thread/386222/power-cutoff/20#post_3394298
We lost power for 72 hrs once due to a blown transformer and we ran 13 setups on battery-op air pumps. They're a bit noisy, but they've worked fine for several years. We even "double-up" some setups to run on a single pump. We don't use airstones...just open-ended rigid airline. it works fine for surface turbulance and doesn't put as much strain on the pump diaphragm.
HTH
How many air lines would a 90g need? Yours sounds like the easiest way to keep everything going. I'm going to google what a batterry air pump will cost....Thanks
EDIT...I found two, one plugs in and engages when the power goes off, and the other is just battery powered. Both are very reasonable...I just need to find out how many I would need.

S

saxman

To be honest, depending on the pump, you could probably split the flow from a single pump and use a line on each end.

S

saxman

Thanks Flower,
We really do have a hard time with the mechanics of the site since it was "improved", and she has mostly quit trying to fight it and posts elsewhere.