power heads for 240 gal

coorsxman

Looking for some info on power heads .. i have a 240 gal going to get it up for reef im thinking i want to use magnic holders also whats the best place to buy them at a decent price also how many do i need and what kind?

errattiq

If I were you, with that size tank you should either get some high powered Koralia powerheads or the higher powered Tunze powerhead. Also, it depends on what you want to keep in it... Some corals like sps require a very high turnover rate while soft corals require far less turnover and depending on the fish some just require a little flow just to prevent the water from getting stagnant.

snakeblitz33

Depends on your budget.
If you have a few thousand dollars to spend, go with a few Tunze's They're the best powerheads you could possibly buy.
If you are on a budget and you still need really good flow, get some Hydo Koralia 5's. One in the back and one in the front should work. If you have any extra problems with flow, you should get a couple of rio's.
For a 240 gallon tank, you should really have gotten it drilled for a closed loop. Tanks that big can't go without a closed loop - it's way more efficiant then powerheads, and it looks better because there's no cords coming out of your tank.
Anyway, just my 0.02

dgirard05

Snakes Right, Your Tank Is To Big For Powerheads. A Closed Loop Is The Way.in My 125 I Put A 1" Sea swirl with A 1400 Gal. Pump The Water Really Moves . Put It On A Timer For Quiet Time At Night

dgirard05

Snakes Right, Your Tank Is To Big For Powerheads. A Closed Loop Is The Way To Go. I Put In My 125 A 1" Sea Swirl With 1400 Gal. Pump. The Water Really Moves Put It On A Timer For Quite Time At Night.

veni vidi vici

4 - 1200 Max Jets modded with the large 3004 impeller props should be more than enough.=8400gph
For a grand total of around $120