Project Fishroom underway for new 240 setup

squishy

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Should I finish the floor off with tile or should I finish the floor off with wood flooring to match the stand? :thinking:
I vote for the tile easy to clean and mantience free plus I like the look of it

yupi1982

not a bad skimmer...but the MRC -4R is just the best thing out there ( not comparing with bublekings or deltecs) but after that the MRC 4 is just THE WORKS !!!i just receive one of those as well !!
way to go Shawn !!!!

acrylic51

My calculations for the MRC 4R were alittle off....I was going to run it in sump, but with the very top lid on the screws it hit the top of the stand, so had to cut plumbing apart and move.....Was going to feed it from the overflow drain, insump, but had to move it outside the stand and cut plumbing and put a "T" inline to feed it.....Haven't gotten the pump stand built yet, have the pump sitting and waiting though...
What pump did you get to push that puppy???? I went with the BlueLine 70HD......Might have to throttle it back a bit since using it just for recirc though.......
I've been debating tiling the rest of the floor.....Wife says to, but for some reason I have wood in my mind..... :thinking:

yupi1982

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Yupi1982 are you still interested in the Lumenarc III's? Email me.......

sounds good ...but if are you gonna answer me back !!!

acrylic51

Not a very productive day so far......managed to get the trim pieces on around the recessed lighting....Actually I spent about 2 hours going through parts boxes looking for them.....Did work on the stand a bit more.....Got the bottom trim pieces on the columns and fluted casing in place.......still have some trim work to do up top around the bottom of the tank, but that should be completed shortly......I hate cutting small pieces of trim, fingers get a little close to the blade at times......Will post some update pics of trim work going on.....Still debating what I want to do to close the front of the tank in......Want the front to be removeable to allow access to work on the tank from the front......I have access from the rear of the tank from the filter room as well.....
Throw me some ideas people!!!!!!!
Did flow test and check for leaks on the drain side of the system and HOLY SH** does she flow.......Hopefully monday will run her wide open and adjust valves and check flow meters as well and see if we need to rethink anywhere.........

hardcrab67

I would do the wood floor to break things up. Matching the tank trim with a different design can add a unique look.
Your project is truly inspiring, oh to have a fish room
Nice job keep the pics coming!

yupi1982

Shawn I am currently running 2 x 400 on lumenarcs iii at 8 inches but even though I have a chiller ..water is getting to hot :notsure
I didnt want to put them any taller because it reflecs to much light to the living room !!!
How tall are u putting your hilides ... ?

acrylic51

That's exactly what I was thinking about the floor issue......I plan to have a dedicated sitting area in the room where the wood flooring would go.......I only wanted tile around the tank for maintenance time, because no matter how carefull we are water still manages to hit the floor..........
Completion date keeps changing.......I'll probably never really be done with upgrades and changes, but were getting really close though......

acrylic51

Originally Posted by yupi1982
Shawn I am currently running 2 x 400 on lumenarcs iii at 8 inches but even though I have a chiller ..water is getting to hot :notsure
I didnt want to put them any taller because it reflecs to much light to the living room !!!
How tall are u putting your hilides ... ?

Mine are 8" above tank and while running system for 3 days, with lights, didn't notice any major heat issues.....I have my reflectors vented and is being pulled by exhaust fan on a humistat that is ducted outside the house as well.......Before stocking of the tank I'm going to do another dry run and double check the heat issue and can always add more fans to push heat.....Honestly I don't think I'll really notice unless I take the 1HP chiller off line to see what the increase is.........

acrylic51

Today turned out to be pretty productive......Yesterday did get some trim work down on the stand and got the trim pieces in place around the recessed lights......Fluted casing is in place on the corner posts, expect for the back post going into the fishroom......Needless to say thought I had enough material on hand and with it being Sunday after 7 and Lowes is closed.......Should have the rest of the casing done tomorrow....

ginarox

you all are going to have some awesome tanks when finished,cant waite to see...thanks for keeping us posted...have a great night...

acrylic51

More pics of front of stand work completed......framed out and cut out opening for bookshelf, so my wife doesn't have to look at my fish books anymore all over the place, and hopefully I can keep track of everything this way......

acrylic51

Plumbing really isn't a nightmare....It's just keeping it staight and detailing all your work and knowing what's going where....I did have it drawn out on paper, but it never works the way you draw it all out........Here's some pics of plumbing going to the sump

acrylic51

Misc plumbing from the tank overflow......Now that I look at the pic it just caught my attention that I need to redo the teflon on th feed line in the center.....Hate teflon tape!!!!!!!!! Also is a good pic of flow switch going out to the chiller......And pics of lines running out and back from chiller......

acrylic51

Some misc pics of pump and check valve.....I don't rely just on check valve you should utilize anti syphon holes if possible........and skimmer plumbing....Maybe tomorrow I'll get the stand built for the pump for the skimmer and get it plumbed so everyone can see how a recirc skimmer is hooked up on a beckett......