Project Fishroom underway for new 240 setup

acrylic51

Thanks.....Again the bird would see the cooked bird pic and if he still didn't get the hint, the roasting pan would be put in plain view and I'd explain it to him real simple so he'd get the hint.......
Finally done painting the PVC.....going out to get some pics here shortly.....playing around with the skimmer.....That thing was sucking in paint fumes, and I heard the silencers change "tunes" a bit ago, and the filters were catching the paint mist..........It's bad haven't even run salt through the thing and time for a fiter change already!!!!!!!

bellanavis

LOL, that must be some skimmer. Speaking of skimmer, the guy that I bought the 350 from, sent me this skimmer, its huge, well, its tall, I have no idea what it is, or how to use it, I wonder if its good, I will have to email you some pictures, to see what you think.

acrylic51

Ahhhh....Finally got some update pics of the OMs.....Must say the hardest part about installing the whole thing was patiently waiting for paint to dry.....I hate handling "tacky" paint.......On the lines that are going to be submerged under rock and sand in the tank, I installed ball valves so when pump service is due I can shut the whole CL system down and shut the valves and not have issues with water running everywhere......I also used unions on all the lines to allow for easy disconnect or pump swaps, which I think will happen pretty soon........I also used spa flex for the last bit of the runs....It's easier to work with and a little more forgiving in tight spots than rigid pvc can be......Again everything was painted black and all the white spa flex will be covered in black as well....I wouldn't advise painting this stuff.....It stays "tacky" forever.........
All the lines that run away from the OM are done in black and tied and pulled together nicely pretty tight along the back of the tank stand, they run up top and along the rim of the tank and drop in.....Kinda hard to see all the runs due to it blending in with the background of the tank.....Haven't installed MH bulbs as of yet due to sanding of stand and such, and really don't want to pull bulbs back and reclean, and usually handling something twice it might get broke.......Have tons of over spray to clean up from all the painting, but that will happen here shortly..........

acrylic51

More pics to come......I know I was asked by someone what the height and weight of the unit is, and off the top of my head I don't know and haven't measured it as of yet, like I said I would.....I can tell you the unit doesn't weigh over 5lbs.....Very light it all sched 80 pvc except for the motor.....

acrylic51

Again still have some touch up painting to do on the pvc, but that's minor and the wrapping of the white spa flex lines.......
Here's some pics of the skimmer dialed down with just freshwater bubbles "ticking" my air adjustment valves to give me an idea as to how quickly they react......They tell you to fully open the air valves to start adjusting and this is just after they are cracked open........

dejaco

Hey the stand is awsome but the sheetrock work is phenomenal! Great angles no seem lines, you missed your calling!

acrylic51

No I haven't missed my calling....I've had enough of drywall to last me a lifetime......Between this, my sisters house remodel, and my buddies attic revamped into a master bedroom with double french doors........
I've had enough!!!!!!!!!!

acrylic51

Thanks guys!!!!!! Kinda tired tonight.....been focusing on getting the stand all sanded down and everything.....coming along alot smoother than expected......Masking paper is giving me fits.....doesn't like the sander to well, though......Finished wiping it down with tac cloth and have 1 or 2 spots I want to look at.....maybe being a little to anal about things, but you have to go over these things with a fine tooth comb or come finish time you'll tell where you skimped or slacked........

bellanavis

I can't wait for the finished product, I'm so excited, I hope you don't mind, but I keep showing Adam this thread, so he gets ideas for our fish room.

acrylic51

It's cool Nikki.......Have you guys made any plans yet with the builder as far as the new addition??? I will be emailing you tomorrow as soon as I talk to Matt my acrylic dealer......

bellanavis

Yeah, so far we have a trench outside, to pour cement in, to make a footer, I think thats what Adam said they are doing, and the gas line has to be moved, so a UGI guy, and a plumber have to come do that before we can pour the cement. So, if you happen to talk to your sister inthe next few days, if you still would not mind asking about the cement, we will need some, if not, its cool, your helping so much already.

acrylic51

Quick update for today.....Finally started working the top off system for the tank....will be utilizing the top off unit by Tunze....It's the Osmolator 3155. It comes with an optical eye sensor, and a float switch along with the controller, power cord, and transfer pump......Still trying to work out the logistics as to where I want the controller mounted.......
Finally got the stand sanded and wiped down and rechecked and found a couple of spots that needed attention and started taping the tank off for the coat of wood conditioner and then the fun will begin by applying the stain.....
Quick question has anyone any experience with the VLP sprayers?????

fishstix4u

are you still going to lancaster tomarow... i'm actually heading down there for work but going to the fish store as well..